Quick data 1 software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick data 1 software

Do I need to be connected to the logger to view setups and logs? I have many saved off from years ago and when I start the software comes up with a not connected error and fair enough as I am not connected. The software starts and from file load setup nothing happens. This is on XP SP3. I have tried different compatibility modes with zero different. What am I missing or does it just not work unless connected to a logger?

I think you have to have Microsoft Excel installed too.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

I don't have it though does not mention it anywhere either in the help file.

Comment

You can get the free reader from Microsoft....... I believe the last time I played with the Qwik Data software. I had to install it.

Comment

Page 9: http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...ta_Systems.pdf

Comment

Tried the 32 bit version on win 7 still no go loads nothing or even tries to. It is installed correctly in the programs x86 directory on a win 7 64 bit machine with Office 2010. File version is 4.00.0XX forget the last numbers.

Comment

Most older software will not install if it's Vista or above. There's conflicts with the PDF help files.

Go to Ebay and look for a cheap ( as in $50.00 ) Chinese Windows XP tablet.
              Also get a OTG USB hub....the kind that has a 1-2-3 switch.....put it on number 1.
              Then get a 12volt Powered ( plugs in to cigarette lighter socket ) USB charger.
              Last part you'll need is a charging cable.

You turn on the tablet. Plug in the OTG hub to the tablet. Then plug the charging cable/12volt to USB, into the OTG hub.
              Plug a mouse/keyboard, and Qwikdata adapter in to the OTG hub.

This is exactly what I use.

The micro USB on the OTG that goes in to the tablet, are very, very fragile. So I buy 2 or 3 at a time.

Comment

I tried it on XP SP3 first. IS the 4.00.XXX the latest software for Gen 1 Quickdata? I did find the original 2.XXX install disc saved on a hard drive complete install package and might give that a try.
                I had thought the software would run offline to view historical data and load/make a setup file but maybe I am all wrong there. I have no harness for it but do have the connectors and pins so will make a power , ground and serial cable for it and see what happens.

Comment

The manual states on page 9, that you can view your data offline.
                  But. Before that statement, it shows how to hookup the cable to the data logger.
                  So. You might need to connect it once?

Comment

Ok fair enough will try it. Has been years since I used it but remember being able to go off line make changes and then upload the next day.

Comment

I thought the viewer, and the modifier were/are 2 different programs.

Comment

Everything you might want to do is on the menu bar. Up load down load view historical data calibrate channels etc. Have you ever run the software or just guessing from the help file? If just reading help I am capable of doing that.

Comment

Working...
                        X