GM to Pro-Flo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM to Pro-Flo

I bought a GM crate motor last year (SP383 EFI Deluxe, GM part 19418640). I have just installed it and have it running with all the accompanying hardware from GM. The ECU (part number 19418748) has a pigtail hookup hanging off of it. I called the dealer to see what was needed to hookup to a laptop or whatever so I could see what was going on and to change a few things. He called back and said GM High Performance stated it was an Edelbrock Pro-Flo system. They told me what I needed to do to get into it but they didn't know if I could change anything. I want to change the temp of the fan coming on and raise the idle a little. I did get into the system but it won't let me change anything. All readings are in the green except the fuel pressure which says it's at 151 psi. I know that's wrong because I have a fuel pressure gauge hooked inline, shows 58 psi. So after all this rambling on does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

You purchased GM EFI = non tunable /no changes. Has black dist. cap to identify.

Pigtail = CAN adapter = Controller area network.
    Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
    Just give the Engine what it wants &
    Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

So why couldn't GM tell me that? Black dist. cap. Runs fine, just wanted to see. Thanks again.

Comment

Back again. Is it possible to change the ECU to a Pro-Flo unit and will everything just plug in or is everything different?

Comment

Originally posted by helofire50 View Post
          So why couldn't GM tell me that? Black dist. cap. Runs fine, just wanted to see. Thanks again.
          No where in their advertisment does it say it's adjustable/tunable.
          "Do you know how whipped an engine has to be to blow that loud?"....Bug from the movie Uncle Buck
          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Back again. Is it possible to change the ECU to a Pro-Flo unit and will everything just plug in or is everything different?
            Edelbrock can get in trouble is they say yes.

So.

Seeing as how I have no affiliation with Edelbrock.

Down load the Pro-Flo 4 app from the Play Store.
            There's a icon that looks like a piece of paper on the upper home page of the App.
            There will be the instructions for the Pro-Flo 4.
            Last pages of the Instructions has a wiring diagram.
            Compare it to what you have.
            If it looks compatible, then spend the $650.00 for a Pro-Flo 4 ECU.
            "Do you know how whipped an engine has to be to blow that loud?"....Bug from the movie Uncle Buck
            https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-3543

Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
              Just give the Engine what it wants &
              Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Working...
              X