Original Qwik Data Software on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Qwik Data Software on Windows 10

Does the original Qwik Dara (not Qwik Data 2) software works on Windows 10?
    it works on my laptop with Windows XP but having issues with it on my laptop with Windows 10 and not sure if I should remove and reinstall the program or if the issue is the software not compatible to Windows 10.

Tricky question.

No it is not compatible with 10.

But.

Some upgraded versions it does work.

I use a $50.00 tablet for my Qwik Data......cold boot to when I can run a program is 11 seconds. My laptops are in the 25 to 30 second range.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Upgraded version of Windows 10?
      I am pretty sure I have the latest update of Windows 10 on my laptop.
      i will remove the program from mt computer and try and re-install it and see if it works.
      Any link of the latest version of Qwik Data software?

Comment

Upgraded version.....that means the PC started with a different version ( xp, 7 ) then 10 was installed as a upgrade.

It's really hard to nail it down witch version will work, do to how some of the "updates" work......some updates where made do to lawsuits, some where just down right stupid.....like the update for the "usb to 232 chip" that every one has a problem installing ( use the Vista version driver ).

Also.
        Any software that has PDF's in them would not install on a Windows 10 PC. Do to a security change.

Basically it's just better if you find a used PC on Ebay, and be done with it.

All software, and instruction manuals can be found on Legacy Support on Edelbrocks main page.
        ​​​

In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
        https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Thanks. I will just keep using my smaller Acer with Windows XP

Comment

Working...
          X