Pro Flo 1 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Flo 1 problems

I have a 351 Windsor bored .030 over using Edelbrock heads and full roller cam and rockers. this has been a long term project and i am just trying to get it running correctly. The engine is hard starting, backfires through the exhaust and reves slowly. The firing order has been checked multiple times, the distributor is set correctly with the Hall effect switch in the correct position. The timing has been set to Edelbrock specs. The fuel system is flushed and cleaned. fresh fuel. still wont start easily. Edelbrock EFI support informed me that the tech center no longer supports this system and to ask the forum for insight. Any suggestions?

I'll make a long, post to help you out tonight.......I'm just too busy for the next 3 days closing down my friends shop right now.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Basics:

Firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.
      Firing order goes Counter-Clockwise at the distributor.

Cylinder numbering:
      Starting from front Passenger side. 1-2-3-4
      Starting from front Drivers side. 5-6-7-8

Link: http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/firing-o...d-302-351.html

Edelbrock kit used should be #3541.

I'm not sure what chip should be used. As you did not post the camshaft specification.

I'm not going to go over the distributor installation. As it sounds like you did it right.

Fuel pressure at the Schrader valve should be 45 to 50 PSI.

All sensors have to be connected and working.

The PINK/BLACK wire needs a "uninterruptible" power source that works with the ignition key in the RUN and CRANKING position.............Most FORD's have a issue with this, as FORD will generally combine 2 wires to make a "Fake", "True Ignition" wire.........Test to see if using a toggle switch connected to the battery, and the PINK/BLACK wire gets the motor running. If the toggle switch works. Then you have rewire the PINK/BLACK wire to make it work properly.

The battery needs to be in good condition, and fully charged before attempting to start the motor.

Sparkplugs should be fresh units. Not bought off Ebay, or Amazon. Only use ones from Authorized dealers.

Comment

The chip that is installed is the chip i received from Edelbrock when i registered the ProFlo unit and provided the cam shaft specs. Should be correct but if needs be i can pull it to check. I will check the wiring, thats the only thing you have listed that could be a wild card.

Comment

i pulled the wiring schematic up and looked it over. I found i have 12v on both sides of the 3 amp fuse so something is wired wrong however in the schematic it shows the Pink/Black wire goes to the ignition coil. There is a ignition bypass (white wire) but i dont see a ignition run wire. Confirm please.
          thanks

Comment

By the way it also came with an MSD ignition box and distributor.

Comment

Hello, I have some tuning questions, wondering if you got this resolved or not?
              I need my display working better, and my engine in the car before I can tune anyway, but I am trying to learn as much as I can about the pro-flo system here

Comment

no, not resolved at all. right now i'm taking the wiring harness' out to find out why i have power on both sides of the 3amp fuse holder

Comment

Originally posted by John V View Post
                  By the way it also came with an MSD ignition box and distributor.
                  Wire like this: https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...wiring-diagram

Comment

The "chip" that Edelbrok sent me is P/N 3544 programmed by J.R.

Comment

Do you have access to the installation wiring diagram? the one i pulled on line is inadequate.

Comment

Summit has this one: https://static.summitracing.com/glob...fisystemfo.pdf
                        Is that the right one?

Comment

that's the right schematic. I found the white wire in the wrong position and rewired it. i will double check the 3amp fuse holder again to confirm power only on one side. Does the "chip" seem the correct one? I need to also double check the coil wire.

Comment

"Ford 351W kit 3541
                            #3544 Stock - 224 degrees"

From the first "sticky".

Comment

#3544 Stock seems off. the engine has Edelbrock aluminum heads, full roller cam and rockers and the cam is kind of hot

Comment

Working...
                              X