Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3503 air body gasket

Does anyone know what gasket fits the air valve ( throttle body) . I need
    ​the one that goes between the throttle body and manifold. It on the proflo 1 # 3503

That's the 2 barrel throttle body #3894 is the gasket your asking for.
    <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

Is that a Edelbrock #

Comment

Found it a auto zone, Thanks

Comment

Is the gasket for the pro flo ( 1st generation ) 2 barrel the same as the (pro flo 2 ) 2 barrel air valve

Comment

As far as I know there is only 1 gasket for the 750 cfm throttle body. It's a special one, only made for the 2 barrel. Its made by Edelbrock only.......the 4 barrels take a generic 4150 gasket
            <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

Great then if its a edelbrock 2v gasket then should be the same. I didn't want to remove the air valve and find out the pro flo 2 gasket wasn't the same as the pro flo 1st generation. Thanks for your help

Comment

No problem. I actually looked into running 3 of them. Like a six-pack.

Comment

Damm, I'm having problems trying to figure out one.

Comment

My brain doesn't like simple things. I always prefer "stuff" that takes skill. I just enjoy it more.

Comment

If you want to go to a 4 barrel set-up. This guy has a new unit ( no ecu or harness ) that's cheaper then just getting the throttle body. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-pr...NZn1Rf&vxp=mtr

Comment

Just looked at the 4 barrel on eBay, damm that's a really good price. If I can't figure out why sometimes mine will idle 400 rpms above what I have it set at I might just get the 4 barrel.

Comment

The IAC is what changes/controls the idle speed. If you set it up right, and the IAC isn't sticking/broken, or has loose/broken connectors. Then it could be a vacuum leak.

The one thing you never connect to a throttle body is a rod. All ways use a cable for the throttle, and transmission kick down. A rod will get stuck some times....basically Fords use rods. Chevys don't.

Comment

I've been using a throttle cable for years. I never could get the idle set smooth enough so for 7 years I have been driving with the idle control tuned off. Im now thinking that maybe the air valve is sometimes not closing all the way. I ordered a air valve base gasket from Jets so I could remove and clean AV real good.
                            I found a vacuum leak a couple weeks ago and repaired it. Now vacuum is 15 deg at ilde and 18 at 2000 rpms but still idles high sometimes.

The weird thing if I turn off the engine then restart it the idle drops back to 750
                            Last edited by 67chevy; 09-13-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Some people just block off the IAC with a plate.....basically semi-race motors.

I believe if you turn off controlling it. It just stops at it's last position. When you turn the system back on, it might move.

You could block it off as a test. Use a piece of strong tape.....if you just unplug it's electrical connection, it might still be open.

Comment

Working...
                              X