No announcement yet.

Replacement TPS availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I got some feedback from one of the Ducati guys I reached out to... The PF3C won't work as it rotates clockwise from rest position if you are viewing from the front of the casing - opposite of what we need. There's also a Ducati PF1C but it too turns clockwise. But... the TPS on my throttle body indicates it's a Magnet Mareli PF0C/01. That sensor cross references to the following:

ACI - AVESA APT-017 Sensor, throttle position
    FIAT 0007744401 KONTAKTGEBER
    FIAT 7744401
    FIAT 9943961
    MAGNETI MARELLI 219244220500 Sensor, throttle position

Searching around there are some available in Italy & eastern Europe but I didn't find any in the USA. And, they look to be about $130-150 shipped to the USA.

So, I'm going to get the one posted above that Edelbrock used to replace the original one - ACDELCO 213898 and will make my own adapter plate & will have to get the plug from a salvage yard. Rock Auto has those for about $35 and they were used in a bunch of GM cars so should be readily available down the road.

Hope this info helps someone!

Comment

Clockwise, and counterclockwise are defined as where you put the shaft in.

A GM intake (like a Edelbrock XT style) has its throttle body pointed at the radiator. The throttle ( throttle bracket on drivers side!!!! )linkage uses a cable that raps around where it mounts.
      It's connected at about the 11:00 position. When the cable is pulled. The throttle level ( looks like a cutup pulley ) goes counterclockwise.... The TPS mounted on the other side of the body goes in the same direction. Counterclockwise.

Fun part.
      If the throttle bracket is on the passenger side!!!!!! Then it goes clockwise... Same for the TPS.

Even more fun.
      GM TBI's were clockwise.

If you don't still understand. Just Google images for different GM throttle. It should click in.

You can make the adapter plate out of ABS plastic. Use ABS glue for assembly.

At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Her's a place that got it wrong. https://electromotive.com/our-produc...wise-rotation/

Why does he get it wrong.....because he thinks you have x-ray eyes. Total disregarding the fact there could be a "reversing" mechanism inside the unit.

It's how the "device" is mechanically "driven" that dictates if it's CW, or CCW.

Hard core 100 percent proof the guy is wrong:
        He would sell you bolts that tighten when you turn them Counterclockwise.... Because he would say it's from the backside of the nuts perspective.

So.
        Who's right. Me or them.
        Hint: I work on reverse rotation engines every week.

PS. Edelbrock should be coming out with a new EFI system during SEMA....It's at the end of this month.
        So I might putting a EFI unit on one of my cars.
        If I do. It will be a custom install with at least the IAC motor in the air cleaner, and the TPS mounted inside the car on the gas pedal.
        So. Tonight I'm going to be ordering 5 or 6 TPS sensors just to have on hand. If I install a EFI unit.
        That means, that next week ( when they come in ) I'll post all the dimensions, and pictures of them.

Comment

I just ordered 10 different TPS's. 2 of them are really funky. I'll have all of them buy Nov 3rd.
          So. I'll post their specifications on Saturday.

Comment

Cool, keep us in the loop.

Comment

There all shipping on schedule. So looks like next Saturday I'll start a new thread about TPS's.

Comment

All but 3 came in today. I'll be doing some dimensional drawings tonight.

Comment

I have all 10 TPS's now. But I just ordered one for a Volvo. It will be coming in, this coming Saturday.
                  Standard Motor Products TH408. This one might be the easiest to do modifications too.

Comment

The company with the TH408 flaked. So I've got a TPS4155 coming in on Tuesday of next week.
                    Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Throttle-Po...BZzYnm&vxp=mtr

I do have a question about the size of the shaft coming out of the throttle body.
                    The GM shaft ( for their sensors ) is 4mm x 9.5mm at the tip.
                    Fords are not as tall. 4mm x 8.5mm.
                    So what is the size of the drive end of the Pro Flow?

Comment

I'm not sure of the throttle body shaft specs at the moment...but TPS4155 sure does look close to fitting the bill.

Comment

I'm going to make the new tread on Tuesday. When that TPS comes in.
                        I need to AutoCAD a new dash for a customer this week end anyway.

Comment

Had to build some custom relay timers.
                          Now I have time to sit at my PC, and draw out and test the TPS's I bought.
                          First impression of the GM one's. Is that they use some very brittle glue....there very easy to crack open.

Comment

I'm still here looking forward to the results of your TPS investigation.

Comment

I'll be getting some Chinese food tonight, and sitting at the test bench testing/drawing these guys out. It looks like the TPS4155 is the best one to use so far....you do have to elongate the mounting holes.

Comment

I'm still watching too.

Comment

Working...
                                X