Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Flo kits now replaced with new Pro Flo 2 System

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pro Flo kits now replaced with new Pro Flo 2 System

    The following Pro Flo kit part numbers are no longer available from Edelbrock:

    3500
    3503
    3507
    3550
    3551
    3521
    3541
    3508
    3509
    3526
    3530
    3531

    The Magneti Marelli Controller used in these kits has been obsoleted. They have been replaced by Pro Flo2 kits. For more information, see the following:

    http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...pf_intro.shtml
    Last edited by S. Armish; 08-08-2008, 03:29 PM.

  • #2
    I have P/N 3550 and want to take advantage of wide-band tuning and laptop access. What is required to upgrade a Pro-Flo to Pro-Flo2? Please provide a list of P/N's I would need to purchase.

    Comment


    • #3
      You would need upgrade kit 35100

      Comment


      • #4
        Man, that kinda stinks. Another $1900 on top of the $2700 spent. I wish Jegs woulda let me know about this before I bought the Pro Flo. So no laptop for the old ProFlow? Something else Jegs told me I would be able to use. Ain't that always the way though?????? Not even 500 miles on the system and now I'm finding this out......

        Does the wiring HAVE to be changed too???? Can't change the module, ECU alone?????

        ANM

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by anmracing View Post
          Man, that kinda stinks. Another $1900 on top of the $2700 spent. I wish Jegs woulda let me know about this before I bought the Pro Flo. So no laptop for the old ProFlow? Something else Jegs told me I would be able to use. Ain't that always the way though?????? Not even 500 miles on the system and now I'm finding this out......

          Does the wiring HAVE to be changed too???? Can't change the module, ECU alone?????

          ANM

          The wiring is changed to support different sensors. The new ECM also uses different connectors. The old Pro Flo harness will not plug into the new ECM.




          One company that does support pc based tuning for our old Pro Flo is Tunercat see link below

          http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html
          Last edited by shaun callaway; 10-01-2008, 11:07 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Alternative To ProFlo Tuning Issues

            Has anyone considered using the MegaSquirt EFI controller solution with the ProFlo 1 system? Seems like a natural cost effective alternative.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by a914guy View Post
              Has anyone considered using the MegaSquirt EFI controller solution with the ProFlo 1 system? Seems like a natural cost effective alternative.
              Purchased my system about 15 years ago and not counting the occasional o2 sensor going bad I've had no problems with it. I have thought about upgrading to newer controller system and that would be something looking into. Would be even better if an adaptor was available to plug that controller to my existing ecu connector and just change out any none compatible components and have the option to add a second o2 sensor coming from the adaptor.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zombie1969 View Post

                Purchased my system about 15 years ago and not counting the occasional o2 sensor going bad I've had no problems with it. I have thought about upgrading to newer controller system and that would be something looking into. Would be even better if an adaptor was available to plug that controller to my existing ecu connector and just change out any none compatible components and have the option to add a second o2 sensor coming from the adaptor.
                I have an original Pro Flo and was wondering how good did that system work. I really don't want to spend an additional 2,000+ at this time unless it really makes a big difference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dear All, I have a 1977 Econoline with a 351 Windsor. I put an Edelbrock battleship and 4 barrel carb on it 10 years ago. Now I would like to go EFI for better mileage. Can you recommend a suitable unit?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    LOL.Eberstock makes a battleship. Its a military backpack.

                    Any way. You might be able to keep you old intake if you use the E Street kit.
                    The Pro Flo #35410 comes with intake and a distributor. Butt is much more involved in the installation, and tuning then the E Street unit.
                    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok what part number replaces the 3500?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What ever happened to customer support?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by elwaupo View Post
                          Ok what part number replaces the 3500?

                          35000 Replaces 3500.
                          At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X