Proflo xt help please :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proflo xt help please :)

Hi im jesse a mechanic from a restoration company in adelaide, we recently have a cobra come in that has a proflo xt system. I have no history on the vehicle or who last tuned or fitted the system.
    .it has a issue in cold start where it needs start ya bastard sprayed to start. But once warmed up it fires up all the time

the issue i am having is.
    i installed the software and set to the correct com port and can connect to the vehicle. But as soon as it tries to sync it comes up with a error saving the map.
    ive tried registering the ecu # and still made no difference, i am not sure what to try next.

any help will be appreciated

thanks jesse

Theirs 2 XT systems
    1. Regular XT.
    2. XT Plus.

Sounds like you might be using the wrong software?
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Hmm ok i thought i had the right one.
      ill send a picture of the ecu.
      and ill fire up the computer and see what one i have

Comment

Comment

That's a XT unit. Not a XT Plus. Do not use any software for a XT Plus. The unit will lock-up.

You use the software, and manuals for the Pro-Flo 2/ Pro-Flo XT from this link: http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...-support.shtml
          Don't use the XT Plus/Sportsman software on the same page!!!!!!!!.....you can read those manuals. Because they have better information about using Edelbrocks EFI systems.

You should ask the customer where his handheld unit is. It plugs into to ECU, and is very easy to use. Much better then using the software to just adjust the fuel priming.
          Part numbers:
          Calibration Module #35360.
          Calibration Module Cord and adapter #35370.

Comment

Ok thanks ill try again. I did try that other one initially. But done the same thing

Comment

With the handheld. It will show the firmware number. The software must have the same version for the 2 ( ECU/PC ) to talk to each other.
              You must save the file from the ECU to the handheld first. You don't want to erase the files on the ECU. Or you will have to spend a lot of time returning the system.

Comment

Ok guys so i finally got it. The issue was i was opening the wrong one for some reason eflash wouldnt pop up on my desktop fixed now.
                ok so i made a bench test loom so i could take the ecu home.
                i saved the map and opened in the editor.

ok so now ill post some pics of the settings that are saved on there to see if you guys can please help me with the starting issue.

ive noticed for some reason the coolant temp is fixed at about 298f?
                and what would best to change the cold start too as it needs start you bastard to start. But once the car physically warms up it starts fine?

thanks in advance jesse.

Comment

Can anyone help?
                  sorry for the bugging

Comment

What is the problem?
                    Does it need more fuel when cold? Or timing? Or IAC needs more closed?

Comment

The water temp should not be reading 298 all the time. It should be the same as air temp on a cold start. The only way to correct that issue is to send the ECU back to us for repair. With the high water temp, there is no cold start enrichment, so that is why it is struggling to start. Too lean under cranking.

Comment

Damn i thought it was going to be something like that :/

Comment

How much would it be to repair amd how long.
                          also do you have replacement ecus we could just purchase one the customer keeps bugging for his car. I just want it gone :/

Comment

You need to call the tech line 800-416-8628.

Comment

Working...
                            X