Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock Pro-flo XT manifold 7128 or 71283 availability

Hi guys from oz!
    I'm stroking my 68 Mustang (1989 5.0 engine) and looking for 7128 or 71283 manifold and fuel rails but they seem to be not produced anymore or out of stock.
    There's nothing on e bay any more, I had been watching for some time but didn't have the money at the time, but nothing comes up now.
    ​​​The pro-flo xt gives the old 5.0's a modern and mean look.
    Can support help me, hs anyone got one for sale.
    Thanks from AussiePhil

Unfortunately the SBF ProFloXT (#7128/71283) Manifolds have been discontinued. The best alternative for a single blade throttle body setup would probably be the Performer 5.0 RPM II ( #7123/ 71233/ 71231). We also offer full ProFlo3 EFI Kits with a 4-Barrel Throttle Body for SBF... #3240 and 3241.

Comment

Thanks Steve for your response, sad that they are no longer produced, I'll still search to see if any Speed shops have old stock left over, I don't like the look of the Performer RPM 5.0 or cross style manifolds, I will look into a high rise manifold with forward mount box elbow 3850 but may have problem with clearance over the dizzy.
      I have also seen on forums were you use a high rise manifold with a Holley top HO300 bolted with home made adaptor.
      I forgot to mention also I run a Vortech V3 supercharger and the edelbrock pro flo xt ED7128 would look mean.
      Please put my case forward to see if they could be placed back into production, Ford choices in these type of manifolds are way behind Chev choices.

Thanks from AussiePhil in Australia

Comment

Hi from AussiePhil,
        If anyone that owns a foxbody Mustang and has failed to fit an Edelbrock pro flo xt manifold ED7128 od ED71283, Post me and I'll buy it from you.
        I'm fitting it to a 68 coupe and may have more room under the bonnet and will use low profile dizzy.
        Thanks from AussiePhil.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post
          Unfortunately the SBF ProFloXT (#7128/71283) Manifolds have been discontinued. The best alternative for a single blade throttle body setup would probably be the Performer 5.0 RPM II ( #7123/ 71233/ 71231). We also offer full ProFlo3 EFI Kits with a 4-Barrel Throttle Body for SBF... #3240 and 3241.
          Hi Steve,
          I see other manifolds are made to order, is it possible to get the SBF ProFloXT (#7128/71283) as an option to be made to order?
          Without cutting strut tower bracing I have no room for the Performer and whilst 4 barrel is an option it would require new ecu etc for my motor.
          Cheers

Comment

All of our manifolds are manufactured at production volume, we do not offer one-off or individual custom manifolds made to order. The SBF ProFlo XT manifold was discontinued some time ago and we currently do not have any plans on bringing it back to market.
            If you are not planning on running our ProFlo3 system, we do offer an SBF EFI manifold with fuel rails and a universal 4-Barrel Throttle Body that should adapt to work with most aftermarket EFI systems.

Best Regards

Comment

Thanks Steve M,

If I use a pro-flo 3 system will I need to do anything extra running a Vortech V3 supercharger, and the car is a 68 mustang and the motor is a 89 5L efi with standard ECU.
              So can I remove the ecu by fitting the pro-flo 3 complete system. The two wiring systems are a mess and intend to remedy.

Comment

Unfortunately at this time the ProFlo3 System is not compatible with boosted applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post
                  All of our manifolds are manufactured at production volume, we do not offer one-off or individual custom manifolds made to order. The SBF ProFlo XT manifold was discontinued some time ago and we currently do not have any plans on bringing it back to market.
                  If you are not planning on running our ProFlo3 system, we do offer an SBF EFI manifold with fuel rails and a universal 4-Barrel Throttle Body that should adapt to work with most aftermarket EFI systems.

Best Regards
                  Hi Steve,
                  I've sent you a message with a couple of questions about the part numbers for the 4 barrel.
                  Cheers

Comment

We offer a couple 4-Barrel EFI manifold options for a the SBF 302, depending on performance level.

The #29215 Vic Jr. manifold and #3625 Fuel Rails are used in our #3241 SBF EFI Kit

The #29285 Super Victor 8.2 and #3620 Fuel Rails are used in our #3240 SBF EFI Kit

The Super Victor will have a larger Plenum volume vs the Vic Jr.

See the link below for manifold options and information.

Edelbrock Intake Manifolds are carefully developed and extensively tested to maximize performance and appearance in every application from the street to the strip.

Comment

We offer a few different versions of our Universal 4-Barrel Throttle Body. The main differences between them are IAC Style, Bolt Pattern (4150/4500) and Throttle Bore Size/CFM rating.
                      Edelbrock EFI systems are designed and manufactured in conjunction with EFI Technology Inc, and are offered in three levels of performance for street, street/strip or all out competition.

Comment

Hi guys, after some work manufacturing a top plenum and purchasing a Vortech carby box top l have found out that the procomp PC3038 head I have has raised ports and my cobra bottom plenum didn't match, so today I purchased a Edelbrock Super Victor ED29285, I now need to consider the elbow I will use.
                        My fault, the heads sat in their boxes for months and I never tested their compatibility!
                        Beginner's mistake!
                        Happy now though.
                        Cheers AussiePhil.

Comment

Working...
                        X