This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upgrade to Pro Flo XT Plus ECU

I know I have seen this discussed elswhere here, but I would like to ask the question again. I have not recieved my 35520 kit yet, but I am pretty sure I want to upgade the ECM to the XT Plus ECM. How should I go about doing that?

I have 10 yrs. experiance tuning fuel injected Harleys with numerous tuning devices, and most of the discussions here make sense to me. Thanks

One more thing, I know Edelbrock is constantly improving their products, anything new coming up ECM wise?
    Last edited by RandR565; 02-28-2014, 04:50 PM. Reason: Addition

How to upgrade to XT Plus ECU

Any Pro Flo 2 or Pro Flo XT ECU can be upgraded to an XT Plus ECU.
    Please contact Edelbrock directly at (800)-416-8628 Tech Line
    The upgrade is part #911570 and costs $400
    Note: This upgrade service must be preformed on your current Pro Flo 2 or Pro Flo XT ECU. No ECU exchange.

Comment

New EFI system

One more thing, I know Edelbrock is constantly improving their products, anything new coming up ECM wise?
      We are currently working on the Direct Port version of the self tuning E-Street TBI system . Which will replace the current Pro-Flo 2 system. I would expect late 2014 at the earliest.
      We plan to make an upgrade kit that will allow the existing Pro Flo 1, Pro Flo 2 and XT kits to change over to the new electronics (ECU & Tablet) and still use the existing manifold assembly. We haven't worked out the complete details yet, but we will have some kind of upgrade path to the new system.

Comment

Oh OK now it makes sense! I return MY ECM and you upgrade it. I will be contacting you soon I hope. Thanks.

Comment

any update on the direct inj replacement as mentioned above.
          looks to have passed date, and still don't see update.

Comment

Look for the new system mid 2015.

Comment

Is there more info on upgrading the proflo 2 to the new system ?
              496 in a 454SS truck, Pro-flo 2 and "remote 80MM turbo"

Comment

This thread is a bit confusing. At the time this thread started, the mentioned upgrade was from Pro Flo 2 to Pro Flo XT Plus which was sold as pn 911570. Then someone else mentioned upgrading to the "new" kit in 2015 which would have been the Pro Flo 3. Fast forward to 2018 and Pro Flo 3 is already out of production and has been replaced by the Pro Flo 4. An upgrade kit to go from any legacy system to Pro Flo 4 isn't available yet but we are working on putting one together.

The 911570 upgrade service is no longer being offered.

Comment

Thanlks for the info, i hope some kind of upgrade comes available, becouse tuning on the fly is so much easyer.
                  496 in a 454SS truck, Pro-flo 2 and "remote 80MM turbo"

Comment

Working...
                  X