Pro Flo XT Plus converted to Holley HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Flo XT Plus converted to Holley HP

With help from a local shop, RM Garage, i was able to get rid of the edelbrock ecu and harness and convert it to Holley HP ecu and harness!! I am able to keep all the hardware from the Pro Flo XT Plus kit but now its tuned with Holley HP efi!!

For about $600.00 you could have put a Pro-Flo 4 in, to replace the ECU.....Just saying.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

it would not work with my kit 3527 i was told by edelbrock tech - they said i would have to buy the pro flo 4 distributor and throttle body along with the harness plus the pro flo 4 ecu to make it work and at that point i may as well just buy the whole new pro flo 4 kit since it would have been around the same cost - supposedly the distributor and throttle body from kit 3527 will not work with the pro flo 4 ecu and harness - i would have gone that route otherwise if it was as simple as buying the pro flo 4 ecu

Comment

Sorry. But you were miss informed. Only the IAC on some of the 4 barrel throttle bodies is not compatible with the Pro-Flo 4.

Comment

they do not sell the pro flo 4 ecu separately so how would it be possible without buying the harness with it - those kits are around $1400 without the hardware

Comment

ECU part #3543. Summit says $500.00 with a 3 month wait.
            Connector for ECU AMP #64320-1311 plus you need pins. Ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-32-and...gAAOSwVh9cl6A6
            So cost would be under $600.00 to do a XT.

EDIT: I see on page #178 that Edelbrock came out with a New IAC adapter #3588. This might be used to install a Stepper IAC ( you need a stepper IAC for use with the PRO_FLO4), in place of the PWM IAC that's used on the older 4 barrel throttle bodies.....Then you could you a Pro-Flo 4 ECU on more older systems, with out changing the old throttle body.

EDIT: Seems like it's a typo for the part number of the adapter. #3588 is a AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR.
            Last edited by BITE_ME; 03-31-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I'll draw out a diagram tomorrow night....shouldn't take more then 30 minutes.

Comment

It appears that this thread was never finished. I would like to see diagram portraying the method for utilizing the Pro Flo 4 ECU to update the original Pro Flo.

Comment

Working...
                X