ECM died ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM died ???

pro flow xt plus. Initial start up good running smooth test drove lazy but ok .slow start condition. Have approx 2 hr drive time working out other bugs. Time to tune hooked up lap top logged on showed data but no software version (upgraded another car last week and software version showed and changed after upgrade)
    did upgrade to 15 and now no data or starting but can log on and write to
    kimmi

What am I doing wrong or how do I fix

Comment

Start with trying to reflash the update or try an earlier version. The ECU can be corrupted if the update doesn't program correctly.

Comment

Ouch. Customer sent computer wiring and dist back to eldebrock. They said comp was bad sent new one back. put back in set up dist started motor zeroed timing as program from eldebrock had timing map locked at 20 deg. All good motor is twin turbo 496 BBC so base program was very lean and locked timing but running decent in shop. Using my computer as it has worked on numerous eldebrock and others with no issues, Pick new program with maps closer to power for starting point 555 BBC click update and killed the ecu ?? tried going back every thing seems good writes changes the program but lost dist output no spark. Remembering back I'm pretty sure this was same program as the first time I killed it. Obvious the 555 program is corrupted or it's switched something I'm missing to match dist to ecm . Any Ideas as I'm officially lost

Comment

Specs:
          XT Plus. Injector drivers 2 AMPs max (each). Ignition 8 AMP max.
          XTR. Injector drivers 8 AMPs max (each). Ignition 10 AMP max.

Could be 555 map is a XTR.

Or 555 is set up for a different trigger from the distributor/crank.
          <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

71 e 01 8 cyl. fsx flash is on factory disk and reading on eldebrocks website xt plus takes different firmware.
            when using eflash software version is 00 and when in editor program no data is reading connects immediately
            i can write and read. put back 3601 map and didn't work then I put in firmware from disk through editor program and 3601 again. no change I downloaded xtplus and tried to load through eflash and it says wrong version I think it was corrupted by xt softare in an xtplus thanks for quick response

Comment

My brains starting to hurt....one of the programs does have a "virtual engine simulator"....it might be the Pro Tuner.
              <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

in the xt plus files there is the control .def file what is this file for and can it be used for base calibration then write 3601 to restore back

Comment

sorry looked at file and its not what i thought it was

Comment

feeling better now turned out to be editor software issue repaired it numerous times seemed to work properly.finally last ditch effort removed software renamed leftover folder . fresh install and rewrote required files and we are running. now just need some info cant seem to find in setup files wide band modual installed but not controlling is there a setup procedure available that i cant find

Comment

It can only use one at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X