Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Flo 4 setup system drove for 2 weeks, began stalling out, now won't even start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Flo 4 setup system drove for 2 weeks, began stalling out, now won't even start.

I have a 1985 Ford Bronco I installed the Pro Flo 4 System on I drove the truck around for 2 weeks after and then one day I was driving at around 30 mph and it stalled out like it was running out of fuel. I went back 45 mins later to see if it was out of gas but it showed full gas. It started so I ran it over to the station to see if my meter was broken. Nope the tank was full I drove it home didnt drive a few days then a few days later took it out with no problems. I drove it for a couple of days and it did it again. I sat in the car for 20 mins as I was too far to walk home tried starting a few times and then it started I drove it home and the next morning went to figure out what was wrong and it wouldnt srtart at all. I pulled the plugs they were wet with gas. The edelbrock app shows fuel pressure so it doesnt seem t be a fuel issue. I have run test on the both of the coils I was usin, they both seem to be providing spark. The rpms show on the edelbrock when I am turning the ignition in the truck. There doesnt seem to be spark in the cylinders. I have now tried a new distributor cap and rotor on the advice and swittched out the wiring harness. I am not sure what could be the problem. I would really apprciate any help or advice. Thank you
    Last edited by Broncepticus; 09-23-2022, 02:38 PM.

check the cap and rotor . some have had trouble with them.

Comment

I will check that out. Thats a great call!

Comment

fleet man No luck there I tried new cap and rotor.

Comment

Record cell video of tablet on digital display when trying to start..

Does it have spark at plugs ? out of coil ? swapped coil ?
          Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
          Just give the Engine what it wants &
          Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncepticus View Post
            fleet man No luck there I tried new cap and rotor.
            do as 2700 cast asked

Comment

I checked my coils I had two I purchased a third tried starting with all three and test tested all with multimeter all have proper resistance. No spark at plug or out of coil. Video incoming. I apologize for the delay I had a work issue and my wife's sister got married.

Comment

https://youtu.be/XT2EvEOezn4
                there's a link of the start up reading fleet man 2700 Cast

Comment

Working...
                X