Saving Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Map

Recently FRIED my ECU. Totally my fault. Got another one and will install soon as the previous issues are fixed. I'd like to save the new map when I get it how I like it to a thumb drive. Is that possible? I lost the previous Map when my ECU Fried.

did you ever save it to the app on the tablet ?

Comment

page 23 of e-tuner manual

Back Up Save Current Map This function will allow the user to save a copy of the base map in use by the vehicle's ECU. If you would like to change maps at any time it is recommended that you save a backup copy of the map that was previously in use. After loading a base map from the Setup Wizard it is recommended to save a backup of this map as well. Before saving a calibration, the ignition switch must be on but the engine must be off. Tap the READ button to start saving the cal. When saving is complete, name the cal and tap SAVE.

Comment

Just a hunch, but if he's asking the answer is likely no.

Comment

Yes I did a backup of the map. Didn’t realize it was saved on the tablet. i dated it for reference. It won’t be exactly cause it was saved a while back but it will definitely be a great starting point. Thank You!

Comment

Hugo57,
            I may be telling you something you already know, but saving the Map file only saves the predefined base map from Edelbrock. If you want to save the self-learn table (i.e., changes to the base map that the system learned while you’ve been driving) and your user-set modifiers from the advanced tuning pages, you want to save/reload the ECU Setting file.
            Cheers
            Dan

Comment

Dan. So sorry I got busy on other projects. Thank you for your reply. I looked on my tablet and didn’t find anything. I only saved the file with PF4 ECM. Could you please explain or provide a link as to how to save the modified file? Really appreciate this forum and it’s members.

Comment

Hugo57
                Page 24 in the Tuning Manual discusses how to save and restore the ECU Settings file. The filename for an ECU Settings file should end with .LRN
                Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dpruzan View Post
                  Hugo57,
                  I may be telling you something you already know, but saving the Map file only saves the predefined base map from Edelbrock. If you want to save the self-learn table (i.e., changes to the base map that the system learned while you’ve been driving) and your user-set modifiers from the advanced tuning pages, you want to save/reload the ECU Setting file.
                  Cheers
                  Dan
                  Why would you save the same Calibration map that's all ready "in side the app your going to be using, to install said Calibration map".

Go to ECU SETTINGS...... that's where you save current Calibration, and Settings/ then install them too.
                  "Do you know how whipped an engine has to be to blow that loud?"....Bug from the movie Uncle Buck
                  https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Working...
                  X