Fuel pressure regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pressure regulator

347, pro flo installed 2 months ago. Walbro in tank fuel pump, 6 AN line, new Aeromotive FPR and gauge. When I initially installed everything and programed the settings in the ECU, the FPR was set at 58 psi without me adjusting the pressure. I finally got caught up with all of the follow up jobs on the engine install, and I noticed that the fuel pressure does not change regardless of whether the vacuum hose is hooked up (and plugged) or not. I have tried to adjust the fuel pressure and there is no increase or decrease in fuel pressure. I still had an old gauge and put that on the FPR with the same 58 psi reading.

Most stupid question that any one is going to ask:

Was the motor running?

If it was. Then the regulator is bad.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

What model number is the FPR?

Comment

The motor was running. Aeromotive 13129.

Comment

With two gauges verifying no change, seems it would be the fpr. Aeromotive might can help you with a solution, wouldn't hurt to call them. If it's an older unit, you can take it apart and check the condition of the spring and diaphragm. Hopefully it hasn't sat for an extended period of time with ethanol fuel in it.

Comment

FPR is 2 months old.

Comment

Originally posted by bgriff View Post
              FPR is 2 months old.
              Contact Place of Purchase for a replacement.
              Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
              Just give the Engine what it wants &
              Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Working...
              X