Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Fuel Pressure - Use analog gauge on Regulator or Sensor in App?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setting Fuel Pressure - Use analog gauge on Regulator or Sensor in App?

    The title describes my question pretty well...

    When setting fuel pressure should I use the analog gauge on my Aeromotive regulator or should I use the reading I the tablet? (The tablet reads a few pounds higher than the 43 on the gauge.)

    Thanks for any input...

  • #2
    A couple pounds between 2 different gauges is normal.

    Use the one on the App. Because that's where all the other gauges for the system are located.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
      A couple pounds between 2 different gauges is normal.

      Use the one on the App. Because that's where all the other gauges for the system are located.
      I noticed a difference also when setting mine up. I followed the app also for the same reason as Bite Me.

      Comment


      • #4
        So is this the process?
        1. Leave vacuum port on regulator open to atmosphere
        2. Plug the vacuum port on pro flo
        3. Start engine and set to 43 lbs (do I need to wait until it comes up to terms and settles to normal idle?)
        4. Connect vacuum and go through setup wizard?

        Comment


        • #5
          3......Run Pump,.............motor doesn't need to be running to set fuel pressure.
          In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

          Comment


          • #6
            If you don't have an easy way to run the pump, you can make the adjustment during the pump prime during key on. It might take a couple key cycles, but could be faster than making a pump jumper harness.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TurboGLH View Post
              If you don't have an easy way to run the pump, you can make the adjustment during the pump prime during key on. It might take a couple key cycles, but could be faster than making a pump jumper harness.
              Exactly what I did. Check the pressure during the key on prime.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
                3......Run Pump,.............motor doesn't need to be running to set fuel pressure.
                Hopefully no downside to having it running (that I way can have constant pressure without key on/ off cycling or a jumper)?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jstubbert View Post

                  Hopefully no downside to having it running (that I way can have constant pressure without key on/ off cycling or a jumper)?
                  No issues at all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jstubbert View Post

                    Hopefully no downside to having it running (that I way can have constant pressure without key on/ off cycling or a jumper)?
                    that is the way i set mine running at idle.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sorry to be beating a dead horse but…

                      I had the engine running at idle
                      • regulator vacuum port open to air
                      • vacuum line from ProFlo clamped closed
                      • Fuel pressure set to 43
                      When I reattached the vacuum line the fuel pressure dropped to 37ish. Is this a normal amount of drop at idle?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jstubbert View Post
                        Sorry to be beating a dead horse but…

                        I had the engine running at idle
                        • regulator vacuum port open to air
                        • vacuum line from ProFlo clamped closed
                        • Fuel pressure set to 43
                        When I reattached the vacuum line the fuel pressure dropped to 37ish. Is this a normal amount of drop at idle?
                        yes..........
                        Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
                        Just give the Engine what it wants &
                        Let the numbers be what they are.

                        Jim McFarland....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jstubbert View Post
                          Sorry to be beating a dead horse but…

                          I had the engine running at idle
                          • regulator vacuum port open to air
                          • vacuum line from ProFlo clamped closed
                          • Fuel pressure set to 43
                          When I reattached the vacuum line the fuel pressure dropped to 37ish. Is this a normal amount of drop at idle?
                          Yes.

                          When you have a "vacuum" in the intake manifold. The vacuum actually "sucks fuel out of the injectors".

                          With a vacuum referenced fuel regulator. The "volume of fuel" injected from the injectors is now "normalized".
                          In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So just to make sure I have this through my thick head… 43 open to atmosphere 37 with vacuum connected - looks good, leave it as is?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yep. That's how a vacuum referenced fuel regulator works.
                              In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                              https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X