Map for 58psi Map for 43psi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map for 58psi Map for 43psi?

Can I save a map for 58psi and save a map for 43 psi and switch between them or do I have to restart the setup wiz?

id like to see if there’s a diff between the two.

currently running 58psi and I haven’t seen my injector duty cycle go above 55. Would the 43psi setting get more duty out of the injectors and does it matter?

Originally posted by FireBirdFormula View Post
    currently running 58psi and I haven’t seen my injector duty cycle go above 55. Would the 43psi setting get more duty out of the injectors and does it matter?
    The duty cycle is controlled by the ECU to provide the correct amount of fuel to maintain the AFR for a given condition. Idle, Cruise, or WOT. The duty cycle is telling you how hard the injector is working to meet the AFR SP. So I guess what I am saying is don't worry about it as long as the AFR is being maintained correctly.

Comment

From what I understand the duty cycle will be higher with a lower PSI map, simply because the injector is staying open longer to deliver the same amount of fuel. I did some googling about which is better a while ago. Didn't find a lot except some people claiming higher PSI for a shorter duration could provide better atomization of the fuel simply due to the higher pressure. But honestly, it probably doesn't make enough of a difference to be concerned with.

Comment

Working...
      X