Hard start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard start

Hard starting after turn it off after driving on hot days. After it sits for about ten minutes , then try to start it up. It starts but it idles about 400-500 rpms or I have to press accelerator to start it.

did you adjust the base idle screw ?

Comment

take a video of the tablet screen when you are having the trouble.

Comment

Yes , idle is adjusted, I will start to bring tablet a video it. Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Galxl68 View Post
          Hard starting after turn it off after driving on hot days. After it sits for about ten minutes , then try to start it up. It starts but it idles about 400-500 rpms or I have to press accelerator to start it.
          I had this problem too since summer temps arrived. I reasoned that the 120 degree air under the hood was thinner than cooler air. It also started quicker if I gave it some throttle while cranking. So, I reasoned it was rich. I reduced the cranking fuel by 10% and Bam! No more hot start issue. Maybe just dumb luck or coincidence but it fixed it.

Comment

if you are using the tablet that came in the kit it has an app on it start the video app then start the edelbrock pro-flo app then start recording

Comment

Working...
            X