Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Corvette Fittment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1988 Corvette Fittment

    I'm really wanting to put a PF4 XT in my 88 Corvette to replace the factory TPI.

    looks like I may have to go the 4150 route, but I would like some feedback from others who have a C4 with an L98 and how it fit.

    I read that the TB is too large and running an LS1 TB will resolve.

    If this is the best option, are there best practices for swaping sensors and or connectors?

    Second part, will the 4150 style PF4 flow more/less/better/worse than the XT?

  • #2
    You use only the parts in the Complete System.

    There is no need to change out components.

    Fit?. Some times they fit, some times they don't.....But all it takes is a hood scoop to fix the issue.

    4150 vs XT: With a low power motor. Your better off with progressive throttle blades.


    ​​​​​
    ​​​​​
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
      You use only the parts in the Complete System.

      There is no need to change out components.




      ​​​​​
      ​​​​​
      Can you elaborate some more on these 2 sentences. I have an 87 L98 Corvette also and have contemplated doing this also.

      I have heard that the XT will work with a little milling on top front of Throttle flange mount.

      Comment


      • #4
        There's really nothing to elaborate on.

        If someone modified the product to fit their application, and you have the exact same application, and you trust their judgement in that the modification needed to be done. Then do what they did.
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
        https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
          You use only the parts in the Complete System.

          There is no need to change out components.




          ​​​​​
          ​​​​​
          This is what I wanted elaborated---- Your 2 sentences
          Use only the parts in the complete system--- Are you talking Sensors, injectors, distributor, etc ?
          There is no need to change out components-- Are you talking the intake manifold and throttle body?

          If it is, that would make conversion much easier and make sense.
          Last edited by Stryker; 06-29-2021, 12:26 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't understand your question.

            Could you please put it in a way I can understand it.

            Thank you in advance.
            In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
            https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for your responses. I'm hoping someone else with experience in fitting this under a c4 Stock hood will reply.

              Comment


              • #8
                This might help you: this motor and crossmember came out of a c4. The motor is still using the stock mounts with the same 700r4. If you want I could take some measurements from the points on the crossmember to the top of plenum, that might help you estimate hood clearance.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SeedlessJack View Post
                  This might help you: this motor and crossmember came out of a c4. The motor is still using the stock mounts with the same 700r4. If you want I could take some measurements from the points on the crossmember to the top of plenum, that might help you estimate hood clearance.
                  Thank you sir. Is that a lokar throttle cable?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Please read this: https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...769-c4-fitment

                    Remember. The Forum Search function is your friend.
                    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bpassmore View Post
                      I'm really wanting to put a PF4 XT in my 88 Corvette to replace the factory TPI.

                      looks like I may have to go the 4150 route, but I would like some feedback from others who have a C4 with an L98 and how it fit.

                      I read that the TB is too large and running an LS1 TB will resolve.

                      If this is the best option, are there best practices for swaping sensors and or connectors?

                      Second part, will the 4150 style PF4 flow more/less/better/worse than the XT?
                      I have fitted a 4150 style unit to my 1984 Corvette, a little tight to bonnet clearance,but I have Edelbrock Victor Jnr heads which are slightly taller than the 1988 heads,but it fits with about 1/2" clearance from a/cleaner. 1984 bonnets have slightly more clearance in the centre than the later models. My dist cap just touches the rib across the back of bonnet by about 0.025"(measured with modelling clay). I have seen one with the XT manifold and the owner had to cut part of bonnet up front because the RHS of t/body hit and he couldnt shut the hood.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bpassmore View Post

                        Thank you sir. Is that a lokar throttle cable?
                        No, it’s an ebay ls1 throttle cable off of eBay.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Apache84 View Post

                          I have fitted a 4150 style unit to my 1984 Corvette, a little tight to bonnet clearance,but I have Edelbrock Victor Jnr heads which are slightly taller than the 1988 heads,but it fits with about 1/2" clearance from a/cleaner. 1984 bonnets have slightly more clearance in the centre than the later models. My dist cap just touches the rib across the back of bonnet by about 0.025"(measured with modelling clay). I have seen one with the XT manifold and the owner had to cut part of bonnet up front because the RHS of t/body hit and he couldnt shut the hood.
                          Edelbrock used 2 different distributors on Chevy kits.......I forget what the difference is..

                          PS. Edelbrock has over 20 products that 100% do not fit under a Stock Corvette Hood.......Edelbrock only now tests hood clearance issues when they design Super Chargers for NEW Vehicles.

                          Or in other words:
                          It's impossible for Edelbrock to fit EVERY vehicle for fitting issues. So they put the basic dimensions in the Catalog, and leave it up to the installer to judge if the products fits the application.
                          In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

                            Edelbrock used 2 different distributors on Chevy kits.......I forget what the difference is..

                            PS. Edelbrock has over 20 products that 100% do not fit under a Stock Corvette Hood.......Edelbrock only now tests hood clearance issues when they design Super Chargers for NEW Vehicles.

                            Or in other words:
                            It's impossible for Edelbrock to fit EVERY vehicle for fitting issues. So they put the basic dimensions in the Catalog, and leave it up to the installer to judge if the products fits the application.
                            Absolutely agree with this.
                            Which is why I asked for feedback from others and their experiences.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X