Long FT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long FT

Hi! I discovered the last time i was out and drive my Chrysler with a 493cui stroker engine, 10,02:1, compcam xe275hl(231/[email protected]), Pro flo 4 35910, 4150 style, map 5037, that the Long FT goes red on the screen once in a while by show reducing fuel. The Short FT is around 0 all the time so i not understand why the Long FT goes red? I have around 400 miles on the system now and it runs great, i just discovered this behavior on the screen the last time i drive the car and be curious why?

go to fuel modifiers and take some fuel out at cruise . turn off self learn then make adjustments then turn back on self learn.

Comment

Originally posted by fleet man View Post
      go to fuel modifiers and take some fuel out at cruise . turn off self learn then make adjustments then turn back on self learn.
      Thanks! Ok i try that. I just find it strange because the Short FT almost not adjusting anything, its around -1 to 0 to+1 when i drive, so it feels strange that the Long FT starts to show red -24 or something and right after goes down to -14 and single values and than goes to red -24 again and normal again and after awhile red again and so on, the Short FT always stable around 0
      Last edited by Mopar493; 06-28-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

i had to on my mopar using 5037 map

Comment

remember that long term and short term it is taking away fuel or it is adding. read the e-tuner manual it explains what each ones does. i.e long /short term fuel do

Comment

Why does the LT only take it out at idle? If it's meeting the set afr, I don't get it.
            Attached Files

Comment

if you have it on slow learn it could take a while for the system to learn. please read the e-tuner manual . if you take the time to read it will help you understand and how to tune the system

Comment

Originally posted by fleet man View Post
                remember that long term and short term it is taking away fuel or it is adding. read the e-tuner manual it explains what each ones does. i.e long /short term fuel do
                Yes i understand that it takes away or adding fuel, i just think it was a bit strange because the short FT almost not adjusting anything. I will try to take away some at cruise as you say.

Comment

you can tap the ? at the top of the app and it will tell more of what you are seeing and what it is and how to change a setting

Comment

Originally posted by Heatsoaked View Post
                    Why does the LT only take it out at idle? If it's meeting the set afr, I don't get it.
                    Are you using a vacuum referenced fuel regulator, that is connected to a vacuum port of the throttle body?

Is this a large vehicle with a dual diaphragm brake booster?.....one of the diaphragms might be leaking, and causing fluctuating vacuum signals to the MAP sensor.
                    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

Are you using a vacuum referenced fuel regulator, that is connected to a vacuum port of the throttle body?

Is this a large vehicle with a dual diaphragm brake booster?.....one of the diaphragms might be leaking, and causing fluctuating vacuum signals to the MAP sensor.
                      I'm using Edelbrock remote sump and yes it's vacuum referenced. It's an 85 K20 with hydro- boost.

I never noticed this until I recently changed maps from 5009 to 5006. That cleaned up the exhaust and it drives fine. I stared a new thread on this with screen shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X