Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Msd 8200 coil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Msd 8200 coil

    is msd coil 8200 compatible with pro flo 4 ? Newbie question but figured I'd ask

  • #2
    in the install manual there is ohm's test speck's compare them and see.

    Comment


    • #3
      Per the MSD and Summit Racing websites, the specs for the 8200 are the same as the 8202 which is on the approved list. It appears the only difference in the two coils is that the 8200 is chrome and the 8202 is red. The 8200 also comes packaged with a ballast resistor for use with points style ignitions and is not needed for PF4 applications. The inclusion of the ballast resistor with the 8200 adds a couple of bucks to the price as compared to the 8202.

      DC

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Twistedc1500 View Post
        is msd coil 8200 compatible with pro flo 4 ? Newbie question but figured I'd ask
        It's rated at .7 OHM ( don't use the included resistor...you will get weak sparks ).

        So yes it will work.
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
        https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

        Comment


        • #5
          Cool thanks guys i came across a 35760 with sump kit and 8200 coil all new in sealed box's for $1400 got to love the market place

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Twistedc1500 View Post
            Cool thanks guys i came across a 35760 with sump kit and 8200 coil all new in sealed box's for $1400 got to love the market place
            you should use a in tank pump . there have been problems with the sump fuel pumps.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah my plan is to sell the sump kit buy a aeromotive 13301 regulator... I have a 92 camaro tpi fuel pump in tank in my 92 c1500 but I need to find out if it will be sufficient for the pro flo 4

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Twistedc1500 View Post
                Yeah my plan is to sell the sump kit buy a aeromotive 13301 regulator... I have a 92 camaro tpi fuel pump in tank in my 92 c1500 but I need to find out if it will be sufficient for the pro flo 4
                use the edelbrock rail mount fuel pressure regulator . the pro Flo 4 is similar to the t.p.i gm system.

                Comment

                Working...
                X