Gas pedal travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas pedal travel

1984 Ltd 347, t5, I installed the347 which came with the pro flo 4 system. I installed a lokar throttle cache and brackets. Works fine except their is not enough pedal travel to activate the secondaries. Any suggestions?

I have a Lokar cable as well. You probably need to adjust the cable end near the throttle body.

Comment

Which hole is the throttle cable attached to? There are two choices available. The hole farthest from the firewall will require the most cable travel to obtain full throttle. If you are limited in the distance the cable can pull, shift the throttle linkage to the hole closest to the firewall. It will require a little more pressure on the throttle pedal to operate but most likely will not be noticeable. Once I find that other post I will link it here.

So in this picture your throttle cable attaching points are either "D" or "E". If you lack travel in the cable you will want to be in the "E" hole. With my throttle pedal travel on my Vette, I had to use it and replace the stock cable with the Lokar cable. Now I get 100% on the TPS with the pedal on the floor.
      Last edited by ddsmith; 06-20-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Throttle cable should attach to "D". Return spring bracket can be attached to the throttle body stud, pointing forward, with spring in hole "C". I attached mine to an intake manifold bolt, pointing rearward, toward firewall. I'll see if I can get a pic if you want.

Comment

D is for throttle cable.
          E is for cruise control.
          C is for return spring.
          B is for TH350 kick down.
          A is for GM 4 speed kickdown, 2004R, 700R4, 4L60
          The metal tabe with the ? On it, goes under the throttle body mounting nut next to C.
          In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

No cruise on my 71 Corvette. Good thing for me, I guess, because I would not be able to get full throttle attaching to "D". So it was "E" for me.

Comment

Mine is currently in E, I wll move it to D. Thanks.

Comment

It will probably require a little adjustment when moved to make sure you get full travel of the throttle. If you have cruise control, then I think you are stuck with trying to make the "E" spot work for your throttle cable.

Comment

D is what is normal used....even for cruise control..... I'm not going to go over how. Just too many variables.

E is used for cruise control. Because you don't need the full travel....the lowest speed I've gotten a cruise control to work is around 25MPH. Hence it is just slack below that speed.

On a throttle control lever ( the part that moves with the throttle shaft ) you always need it mounted to the throttle cable ( never use a rod ) at the furthest hole.
                  This will give you the best pedal feel, best throttle response.

When you move the cables mounting location closer to the throttle shaft ( I'm not talking about the Bracket that holds the cable ) you will sometimes find the throttle is very hard to maintain over bumpy roads.....you foot bounces a lot, so you get a surge, do to the fact it takes LESS movement to change the speed of the motor.

With the above said.
                  There is the issue that a throttle body, is shorter then a carburator. But they both should use the same Throttle Lever.
                  So.
                  The throttle level on a throttle body is higher-up....will some times interfer with the air cleaner base.
                  Some people have actually butchered the throttle lever, to get their air cleaner base to fit......they should have just used a hammer.

My point is:
                  Always use the hole furthest from the shaft for best throttle response, and drivability.
                  In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                  https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Working...
                  X