No announcement yet.

No fuel to #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all of the help. According to the info I have, the injector should be a 35. The kit i purchased is 35830. Thanks again!

Comment

Not being able to leave this thing alone, I checked the ohms of the injector. It measured 15... same as all of the other injectors on the right side. Does 15 sound about right?

Next, I started the engine and have about 55 PSI fuel pressure. A few seconds after shutting the engine down, fuel pressure drops to about 6 or 7. Does that mean one of the injectors is leaking? Both numbers came from viewing the app on the tablet.

By the way, I pulled the #6 plug again after running the engine and it still looks brand new and bone dry. Is it possible for an injector to pass the ohm test and still not provide any fuel?

Thanks again!
      Eddy

Comment

A plugged injector tests the same as a none plugged injector......it just doesn't pass gas.
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
        https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Got it... thanks. I just ordered a new injector. I will update the group once I get the new part installed.

Thanks Again for the help.

Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by EC4101 View Post
            Not being able to leave this thing alone, I checked the ohms of the injector. It measured 15... same as all of the other injectors on the right side. Does 15 sound about right?

Next, I started the engine and have about 55 PSI fuel pressure. A few seconds after shutting the engine down, fuel pressure drops to about 6 or 7. Does that mean one of the injectors is leaking? Both numbers came from viewing the app on the tablet.

By the way, I pulled the #6 plug again after running the engine and it still looks brand new and bone dry. Is it possible for an injector to pass the ohm test and still not provide any fuel?

Thanks again!
            Eddy
            fuel pressure will drop when you shut off the system. yes the injector can pass the ohms test and not work it is a solenoid / electtro mechanical pintell .

Comment

Working...
            X