No fuel to #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fuel to #6

I installed the Pro Flo 4 (35830) on my new ZZ454, but have a slight miss. After 25 miles of driving plug #6 looks brand new (see pic). All others look normal. I have spark and compression. The only thing that makes sense is a bad injector. Thoughts?

Assuming I have to replace injector R3, what is the procedure? Do i simply remove the two allen head bolts in the fuel rail?

Thanks!
    Eddy
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I would give the injector a couple taps with the handle of a screwdriver first.

Yes. You can remove the injector that way....their held in with o-rings.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Thanks Bite_Me. I read about the tapping procedure. Unfortunately, I have done that multiple times with no results. When removing the fuel rail, do I need to worry about high pressure?

Also, am I correct in thinking the right replacement injector is 3635?

Thanks again!

Comment

You can pull the fuel pump fuse, and turn the key on....the display will show the pressure drop.

The injectors have a color coded ring. What color is your ring?
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.

Comment

check the wire has not pushed out . use a noid blight to see if it blinks that would be the only other possible fault

Comment

The ring is a teal green. See pic.

Comment

Fleet Man. The wiring looks good. The diagnostic screen shows all injectors as green, but I'm not getting fuel. Is there another way to test the injector?

Comment

Sorry Fleet Man... I didn't read your post correctly. I don't have a noid light.

Comment

When you pull the fuel rail swap that injector with one of the others and see if the same cylinder is still missing. That would tell you if the injector is bad or not if the miss follows the injector. If the same cylinder still misses its something else (most likely the wiring) You should also check the wiring at the ECU and other connections. Other option is the light which was posted above.

Comment

Thanks. Oriellys has a noid light on the tool loan program. I'm on my way to get it right now.

Comment

Noid light flashes. It has to be the injector. Is this a warranty item?

Comment

It should be. Call tech support Monday.

Comment

Is this injector part number 3635?

Comment

you did good i don't know part number . someone should.

Comment

I believe that's a 19.

Comment

Working...
                              X