Main harness power and ground leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main harness power and ground leads

On page 15 note 25. it states that all power and ground leads must connect directly to the battery. How are the folks with trunk mounted batteries handling the wiring?

"If necessary, the power and ground leads may be extended to reach the battery. However, the use of 12 gauge wire or larger is required. WARNING: All power and ground leads must connect directly to the battery."

Per the PF4 instructions..
    Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
    Just give the Engine what it wants &
    Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

IMG_3194.jpg
      My ECM is in the left A pillar inside and power and ground go back to my battery in the right rear wheelhouse behind the wheel .

Comment

We have a couple of people here with rear mounted batteries.....and they have issues.
        If you are not a expert in wiring. You might have issues too.

Can it be done? Yes.

Can any one help you "here" if you have issues? You won't know, till you ask.
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
        https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

I have battery in trunk, ran 10ga +/- fine copper extension wires directly to battery posts. No problems.

Comment

i have mine mounted in trunk add 10 g' wire to e c u at left front kick panel and soldiered / heat shrink to extend.

Comment

Thanks, I will run 10 gauge wire to the battery.

Comment

Make sure you run both pos & neg to the battery. Some have tried pos only, and there are problems.

Comment

Trunk battery here too, I ran both pos and neg 10 gauge wires. So far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by CorkyE View Post
                    I have battery in trunk, ran 10ga +/- fine copper extension wires directly to battery posts. No problems.
                    Smallest speaker wire in my car is 8 AWG Cable

Punch line: Music is AC voltage. So the DC conversion means I'm using actually using a little larger the 6 AWG Cable.

Also SAE wire ( stuff used on automobiles ) is around 12% smaller then the AWG Cable I use.
                    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

10 gauge in the trunk as well

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will run 10 gauge wire from the trunk.

Comment

Working...
                        X