Engine ci and Injector size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine ci and Injector size

Admittedly, I have not started the truck in a long time. Today was the day. I found I need to replace the TPS, lucky me. Anyway, I saw the tablet showed my engine as a 323 ci and the injector size as 29. It's actually a 400 SBC and had the 35 injectors. I have the correct map loaded in. Do either of these things matter? If so, how do I go about changing them so that they read correctly? I know, or least I'm under the understanding, that I am NOT to go through the set up wizard. Thank you in advance!!

The system has Alzheimer's.
    It never displays what you original set it up as....it does show you the Calibration map installed.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Check the MAP # on lower corner of the Home Page & refer to back of instruction book to confrim injector size/ cam profile, etc.
      Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
      Just give the Engine what it wants &
      Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Thank you both. Peter, the map is the correct one from the last time I had the engine running. Bite-me, so basically, don't worry about, right?

Comment

What you can do is save your current Calibration map....give it a unique name like "The One".

Then manually load your named Calibration map.
          You will never have a doubt what is loaded. Because it will always show it on the screen.
          In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Working...
          X