X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BITE_ME
    replied
    What's a "Bottom Line"?

Is that where a Manufacturer ( like Edelbrock ) constantly runs out of EFI systems?

Because there very good, come with a 2 year warranty, and have some of the best customer service in the industry?

Leave a comment:

• disquek
    replied
    Maybe you just don't like it when I tell the truth.

Here's a great example: Go back and read my post about dieseling and dying. Notice the statement about the Bosch blue coil? That coil was listed specifically as compatible. Edelbrock blew it. You guys tried to vilify me over things that were 100% Edelbrock's fault. The pump shot being WAY to rich, and the coil being incompatible. I figured out both on my own. Zero help here.

I've setup many many successful EFI systems including high level championship winning cars. Dealt positively with other EFI vendors through issues and successes. And never ever been treated as badly as I've seen the staff and yourself treat people here.

These forums have done damage to Edelbrock's bottom line.

If I were a mod, I'd ban you. You are arrogant and rude. Facts, not insults.
    Last edited by disquek; 06-25-2021, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    You posts are terrible.

You don't know what your doing.....helping you Always turns into You insulting some one.

If I was a mod. I would give you Read Only Access for 30 days.

Leave a comment:

• disquek
    replied
    Be aware that 2700 Cast edited my original post. That's not what I wrote. Nice eh? This place is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• BenRMX
    replied
    Originally posted by disquek View Post
    ThomasDG, dont let these Edelbrock support guys get to you. They're here to help some twisted customers. Nice, eh?

I had the exact same thing with my SBF 331. Finding the uber rich pump shot took me a while.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...-and-dieseling

BenRMX, highly unlikely that it's the TPS causing your issue. It's more likely the improvement is the ECU learning. Remember that a crazy rich mixture will be seen by the wideband as lean. Google it. Try resetting the fuel trims then reducing the pump shot a lot (like 50%).
    The TPS undoubtedly helped, I could tell instantly (and I had already driven 400 miles without any improvement from the self learning) but are you sure about the pump shot being too rich? After changing the TPS the tablet now reads richer any time I press the throttle rather than leaner like before, but going into the 12's or low 13's AFR when pressing the throttle sounds about right although I haven't checked when flooring it, just normal driving. I still have to reset the learn and drive it more but I've been busy lately and I'm installing custom seats in the car

Leave a comment:

• Mopar493
    replied
    Originally posted by disquek View Post
    ThomasDG, dont let these Edelbrock support guys get to you. They're here to help some twisted customers. Nice, eh?

I had the exact same thing with my SBF 331. Finding the uber rich pump shot took me a while.

BenRMX, highly unlikely that it's the TPS causing your issue. It's more likely the improvement is the ECU learning. Remember that a crazy rich mixture will be seen by the wideband as lean. Google it. Try resetting the fuel trims then reducing the pump shot a lot (like 50%).
    In case the afr/wideband shows lean by to much fuel there must be so much fuel so you get an misfire or no fire at all in cylinders, the wideband not reading fuel but oxygen and if you had a misfire and uncompleted combustion you get a whole cylinder/cylinders with oxygen out to the wideband sensor together with unburned fuel. In that case i guess the engine performes really bad to.

Leave a comment:

• disquek
    replied

Last edited by 2700 Cast; 06-16-2021, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jm73340
    replied
    Originally posted by BenRMX View Post

Just want to say that I tried a new TPS and it has noticeably improved. The AFR now becomes richer (12-13's) when opening the throttle rather than leaner (15-16's) like before and the drivability is much smoother. However, I still get an occasional pop under light acceleration so I'm hoping it will learn this spot now that it has a reliable TPS but I may have to adjust the tune a little.

ThomasDG, I recommend giving the TH42 TPS a shot, it may still help yours too
    Did you clear the self learn after installing the new TPS sensor? This may help eliminate the issue. There’s lots of incorrect learned data that’s been saved with a faulty sensor. Best to start over.

Leave a comment:

• BenRMX
    replied
    Originally posted by jm73340 View Post

My system was over 2 years old. I just bought a new th42 TPS and installed it. My IAC is not at zero either. It makes a noise that is irritating and sounds almost like a pinging sound. I might have to adapt the factory style air cleaner.
    Just want to say that I tried a new TPS and it has noticeably improved. The AFR now becomes richer (12-13's) when opening the throttle rather than leaner (15-16's) like before and the drivability is much smoother. However, I still get an occasional pop under light acceleration so I'm hoping it will learn this spot now that it has a reliable TPS but I may have to adjust the tune a little.

ThomasDG, I recommend giving the TH42 TPS a shot, it may still help yours too

Leave a comment:

• ThomasDG
    replied
    Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS IS ANSWERED IN POST #22

SERIOUSLY.

Or put another way:

Both questions are answered in post #22.

How about a Third way:

The questions you have been asking about are answered in post XXII.

I'm not going to type out ever single page of information that YOU have access to.
    You're right, you're a genius and I must not be able to read.

The help sections makes no mention of whether rapid throttle opening is determined by the MAP sensor or the TPS or a combination of the two. Apologies for trying to understand how the ECU works to improve the problem. I'll stay out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Mopar493
    replied
    Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

I would try adjusting the Total Timing RPM......move it up a couple of hundred RPM'S........this will move the timing curve up, and give you more timing in the middle.
    Thanks for the advice! I will try to do that.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    Originally posted by Mopar493 View Post

I have not any driveabiltiy issues it just feels a bit lean at light accel but no stumbles or anything like that. I can get the feeling the acceleration overall felt stronger with the Edelbrock avs2 800cfm carburator. Maybe i should try to give it a bit more pump shot?
    I would try adjusting the Total Timing RPM......move it up a couple of hundred RPM'S........this will move the timing curve up, and give you more timing in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasDG View Post

The questionmark dosent answer my question. I'm asking what is measured to determine rapid throttle opening, TPS or MAP. Thanks though.

Any advice for achieving better free rev throttle response?
    THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS IS ANSWERED IN POST #22

SERIOUSLY.

Or put another way:

Both questions are answered in post #22.

How about a Third way:

The questions you have been asking about are answered in post XXII.

I'm not going to type out ever single page of information that YOU have access to.

Leave a comment:

• Mopar493
    replied
    Originally posted by 2700 Cast View Post

What is the driveabiltiy issue ?
    I have not any driveabiltiy issues it just feels a bit lean at light accel but no stumbles or anything like that. I can get the feeling the acceleration overall felt stronger with the Edelbrock avs2 800cfm carburator. Maybe i should try to give it a bit more pump shot?

Leave a comment:

• Mopar493
    replied
    Originally posted by CMerchant View Post

What is your cruising AFR set point and what is your Short Fuel Trim when you are seeing the 14-15 AFR?
    My cruise AFR sp is at 13,9. I havent observe short ft during light accel but when i driving around normal i just see values around 0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X