Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accelerator pump shot issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BenRMX View Post

    Yeah that's pretty much what happens with mine but 5-10 seconds sounds almost undrivable! At worst mine will do it for about 1.5 seconds. Did your TPS stay at 1% or was it even higher?
    Either way it sounds like the same issue, did Edelbrock cover this as part of the warranty for you?

    I don't know if this is related but I've also noticed the IAC constantly varies what it's at while I'm not at idle. For example, I've seen it as low as 3% while cruising or sometimes 33%, etc. When idling the IAC seems to function just fine but maybe this has to do with the TPS as well?
    My system was over 2 years old. I just bought a new th42 TPS and installed it. My IAC is not at zero either. It makes a noise that is irritating and sounds almost like a pinging sound. I might have to adapt the factory style air cleaner.

    Comment


    • #17
      Is there a problem if the tps shows 1% at idle? My tps value show 1% pretty often when i let off the pedal and it takes a while for the iac to come down to under 15%, is that normal? When i accelerate easy with throttle values under 50% the afr shows kind of lean 14-15 afr but when i hit the throttle to over 50% afr goes right down to 12-12,5 afr, is this behavior normal? I have a engine with much torque, Mopar 493cui so just easy throttle under 50% makes the car moving pretty much. I have no driveabilety problems at all, i just not like to see the engine go to lean. Besides of light acceleration its spot on the afr target.
      If i should replace the tps sensor, should i reset self learn or something like that or do i just replace it and keep on driving?
      Last edited by Mopar493; 06-10-2021, 12:49 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Replace, and drive it.
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
        https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

        Comment


        • #19
          Let me add to “replace it” with it may take several key on/off cycles to get the new TPS sensor to register 0 when at idle or 0 throttle. My new one has always gone to zero when off the throttle once it was calibrated.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jm73340 View Post
            Let me add to “replace it” with it may take several key on/off cycles to get the new TPS sensor to register 0 when at idle or 0 throttle. My new one has always gone to zero when off the throttle once it was calibrated.
            Turn key to OFF position.

            Pull out key from ignition cylinder.

            Stare at key for 10 seconds.

            Insert key into ignition cylinder.

            DON'T TOUCH GAS PEDAL.
            DON'T HAVE FLOOR MAT TOUCHING GAS PEDAL.
            DON'T USE A ROD TYPE THROTTLE CONTROL......ONLY USE A CABLE.

            Turn key to Cranking Position.........TPS is Zeroed at the same time.

            With motor running at idle ( nothing touching the gas pedal, or cable ) the display should show a 0 for TPS.
            In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
            https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks for your answers! I not want to steeling this thread but this just comes on my mind when i read this thread. What about the light acceleration when you hit the throttle a bit but not over 50% tps value, it looks a bit lean, 14-15 AFR, no hesitate or anything like that, the engine answers good but the AFR value is a bit lean for my comfort zone. When i really hit the throttle over 50% the AFR goes right down to 12- 12,5 so thats good but i just wonder if there is something to do about the light acceleration fuel under 50% tps value?

              Comment


              • #22
                Touch the question mark on all the fuel settings pages of the App.....more information will be displayed.
                In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mopar493 View Post
                  Thanks for your answers! I not want to steeling this thread but this just comes on my mind when i read this thread. What about the light acceleration when you hit the throttle a bit but not over 50% tps value, it looks a bit lean, 14-15 AFR, no hesitate or anything like that, the engine answers good but the AFR value is a bit lean for my comfort zone. When i really hit the throttle over 50% the AFR goes right down to 12- 12,5 so thats good but i just wonder if there is something to do about the light acceleration fuel under 50% tps value?
                  What is your cruising AFR set point and what is your Short Fuel Trim when you are seeing the 14-15 AFR?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Mopar493 View Post
                    Thanks for your answers! I not want to steeling this thread but this just comes on my mind when i read this thread. What about the light acceleration when you hit the throttle a bit but not over 50% tps value, it looks a bit lean, 14-15 AFR, no hesitate or anything like that, the engine answers good but the AFR value is a bit lean for my comfort zone. When i really hit the throttle over 50% the AFR goes right down to 12- 12,5 so thats good but i just wonder if there is something to do about the light acceleration fuel under 50% tps value?
                    What is the driveabiltiy issue ?
                    Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
                    Just give the Engine what it wants &
                    Let the numbers be what they are.

                    Jim McFarland....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BenRMX View Post
                      Hey I'm having a problem with throttle response with my ProFlo 4 system on my 331 SBF. When first touching the throttle it often hesitates and sometimes lean pops, and this happens when taking off just off idle and also when shifting up (manual transmission).
                      I've been adjusting up the pump shot and have it up to 65% increase but this problem still persists and doesn't really seem better than when it was at 0%. When watching the tablet, the AFR often goes over 15 or even 16 during these situations. To me, it seems like the pump shot adjustment isn't making a difference and it feels similar to a carburetor with a bad accelerator pump.

                      specs:
                      Map 5016_v65
                      35lb injectors 58psi fuel regulator

                      Also, if I make adjustments on the tablet while the engine is running, do they take effect instantly or on the next startup? Does pump shot take time to learn when increasing or does it instantly increase after an adjustment?
                      Your thread has been a bit derailed, but I wanted to reply. I'm running a 347 sbf with the same map. And have had/have a similar issue. I have found improved drive ability with the pump shot set to approx -60%.

                      However, my off idle throttle free rev response is not great no matter what I do. Motor noticeably stumbles before picking up and is slow to respond to a throttle blip for down change. My throttle position sensors actually returns to zero, so I doubt yours only returning to 1 is the issue. I have adjusted my pump shot up and down through the range and cant make it behave near as good as a holley double pumper would. Issues like this highlight the need for data logging to capture transient events.

                      Any suggestions? Does the Edelbrock system sample tps or map for its acceleration enrichment? Or a combination of both?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Mopar493 View Post
                        Thanks for your answers! I not want to steeling this thread but this just comes on my mind when i read this thread. What about the light acceleration when you hit the throttle a bit but not over 50% tps value, it looks a bit lean, 14-15 AFR, no hesitate or anything like that, the engine answers good but the AFR value is a bit lean for my comfort zone. When i really hit the throttle over 50% the AFR goes right down to 12- 12,5 so thats good but i just wonder if there is something to do about the light acceleration fuel under 50% tps value?
                        Start a New Topic under Pro flo 4.

                        Getting to confusing.

                        Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
                        Just give the Engine what it wants &
                        Let the numbers be what they are.

                        Jim McFarland....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ThomasDG View Post

                          Your thread has been a bit derailed, but I wanted to reply. I'm running a 347 sbf with the same map. And have had/have a similar issue. I have found improved drive ability with the pump shot set to approx -60%.

                          However, my off idle throttle free rev response is not great no matter what I do. Motor noticeably stumbles before picking up and is slow to respond to a throttle blip for down change. My throttle position sensors actually returns to zero, so I doubt yours only returning to 1 is the issue. I have adjusted my pump shot up and down through the range and cant make it behave near as good as a holley double pumper would. Issues like this highlight the need for data logging to capture transient events.

                          Any suggestions? Does the Edelbrock system sample tps or map for its acceleration enrichment? Or a combination of both?
                          Read post #22.
                          In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

                            Read post #22.
                            The questionmark dosent answer my question. I'm asking what is measured to determine rapid throttle opening, TPS or MAP. Thanks though.

                            Any advice for achieving better free rev throttle response?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by CMerchant View Post

                              What is your cruising AFR set point and what is your Short Fuel Trim when you are seeing the 14-15 AFR?
                              My cruise AFR sp is at 13,9. I havent observe short ft during light accel but when i driving around normal i just see values around 0

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by 2700 Cast View Post

                                What is the driveabiltiy issue ?
                                I have not any driveabiltiy issues it just feels a bit lean at light accel but no stumbles or anything like that. I can get the feeling the acceleration overall felt stronger with the Edelbrock avs2 800cfm carburator. Maybe i should try to give it a bit more pump shot?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X