Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynomac
    replied
    Replaced all the valve springs, readjusted the valves and engine runs great again. Driven the truck for a few weeks now and all is well. Thanks for all the posts to my question. When you hit the Rev Limiter with these Pro-Flo 4 systems what exactly happens? I think I found the rev limiter today for the first time and want to know what it actually sounds like when you reach the limiter.

Leave a comment:

• 2700 Cast
    replied
    Originally posted by dynomac View Post
    Switched ECU’s and that didn’t fix the problem. After running a compression check I found the problem. #1 cylinder had 0 PSI compression. After a little troubleshooting I found the #1 intake valve spring broken. So I will replace all the valve springs and check the compression again. Should be good after that.
    Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• dynomac
    replied
    Switched ECU’s and that didn’t fix the problem. After running a compression check I found the problem. #1 cylinder had 0 PSI compression. After a little troubleshooting I found the #1 intake valve spring broken. So I will replace all the valve springs and check the compression again. Should be good after that.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    ECU's are all the same.
    So no problem switching.

Leave a comment:

• dynomac
    replied
    Thanks for all the suggestions. If I key on and wait for 30 seconds the AFR reads 11. I did pull the vacuum line to the regulator and the engine started running worse than it was. My son has the exact same Pro Flo 4 kit on the exact same 383 engine as I have and is running the same fuel map 5029. Could I put his computer in my truck and see if that fixes my rich running engine? I will call Edelbrock tomorrow and see if they can help.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    Yes.
    Most people see 10's when it's not connected, and 22's when it's broken.

With no O2 sensor ( unplug it, or turn off Closed Loop ) the system will use the Calibration map for figuring out the fuel strategy.

But

The IAT will richen the fuel mixture if it's cold, and take fuel out when hot........you will have issues if it's not connected to the system.

The TPS could be adding fuel too.....you need to have a perfectly working TPS.

A vacuum referenced fuel regulator is a must......or it will be adding too much fuel at idle.

Leave a comment:

• Mopar493
    replied
    Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
    I "think" a 10 on the display is a indication that some, but not all the wires for the O2 sensor are connected.

Check the ones at the ECU, and both connections past the ECU.

Forgot to mention:
    It looks like the O2 sensor is missing 1 wire. But it's not.....the connector is "internally" connected to a "special lazar trimmed resistor".
    During the warm up time for the o2 sensor the reading is 10, atleast it is on my tablet for 30 seconds - 1 minute, after that the reading is normal. I belive the actuall afr reading is not under 11 on this system, so 10 means it not reading at all.
    Last edited by Mopar493; 05-08-2021, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jm73340
    replied
    Sorry don’t have the answer but I have seen 10AFR on my system the past couple of times during warmups for some reason. Actually last time I connected the tablet it told me it needed a firmware update??? If I go into the diagnostic page all sensors are green. Engine is not running rich and actually runs like the O2 sensor is good during warmup. (I just replaced O2 not long ago). After it warms up the display starts reading correctly.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    Fuel is coming from the injectors....."injector reads from 9 - 15".....over 3 is some times high.... lot's of "depends on stuff".

Leave a comment:

• BBimpala
    replied
    Fuel pressure regulator internally broken and feeding extra fuel from vacuum line? Might be worth to check

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    I "think" a 10 on the display is a indication that some, but not all the wires for the O2 sensor are connected.

Check the ones at the ECU, and both connections past the ECU.

Forgot to mention:
    It looks like the O2 sensor is missing 1 wire. But it's not.....the connector is "internally" connected to a "special lazar trimmed resistor".
    Last edited by BITE_ME; 05-07-2021, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dynomac
    replied
    I have compiled all the things I have done to resolve my poor (rich) running engine into one post:

I purchased my system from Summit Racing on November 19, 2018. I have driven about 3,500 miles with this system. I tried a firmware update shortly after I got the system and the computer stopped working and I had to send it in for repair. Only issues I had prior to my truck running extremely rich was off idle stumble and when the engine is cold, and you put the vehicle in gear the engine turns off. Other than these issues the fuel injection system has been great!

Things I have tried to correct my engine running rich issue. I was driving around and all of a sudden the engine was running rough. I noticed the AFR was around 10 with all other engine readings normal. So I was 2 miles from home and I got the truck home. Troubleshooting done so far: replaced the O’2 sensor, checked the MAP sensor, replaced the spark plugs and spark plug wires, checked the distributor cap, checked for vacuum leaks (1 found & repaired), checked for exhaust leaks (none found), removed the valve covers and turned the engine over by hand to ensure all valves are opening and closing properly (they were), replaced my coil & coil wire (had MSD Blaster 2 on put MSD Blaster 3 #8223 on) and nothing has fixed the issue of the engine running extremely rich. The engine will not idle now and the provided tablet will not connect to the ECU but my Samsung tablet will connect. The ECU serial # and fuel map (5029) are still visible on the E-Tuner page. With my Samsung tablet connected all readings on the digital display are normal except AFR reads 10 and injection reads from 9-15 for the 30 seconds I make it run. During the entire 30 second run the AFR reading never changes from 10, it reads 10 the entire time. I turned the key to on for a little more than 30 seconds and the AFR read 11 but once the engine is running the reading stays at 10. Checked each header tube with a heat gun and all cylinders are firing. When I removed the spark plugs all smelled like gas.

Leave a comment:

• dynomac
    replied
    My spark plugs are NGK R Laser Platinum, not iridium.

Leave a comment:

• dynomac
    replied
    Well the video on my phone is too big to send and my tablet that came with the kit will not connect to the ECU so I could record a small video to post. My Samsung Tablet will connect to the ECU but I do not have a recording app like the tablet that came with my kit. The only thing I can think at this point is something is wrong with the ECU. I will call Edelbrock and see how much it would cost to look at my ECU and turn around time would be. I had a problem with this ECU when I tried to update the firmware shortly after I got the system and had to send it back to Edelbrock to repair.

Leave a comment:

• dynomac
    replied
    I’ll try and load a 20 second video of the digital dash board with it running.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X