Fuel Vapors While Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Vapors While Driving

Added PF4 to 69 Chevy 350. There was no prior EEC/vapor collection on this car. I'm using Holley EFI Sniper tank with rollover venting properly mounted higher than the tank. Issue is the constant smell of fuel vapors entering the cabin while driving (not overpowering but present). I verified there is no fuel leak in the system. I'm hoping there's a relatively simple solution to this problem. If it's adding EEC, how should this be plumbed back to the intake manifold? Thanks.

Kind of sounds like the in tank pump is getting hot and making lots of vapor.....the vapor is coming out of the vent.

This a 69 Camaro?
    I believe it has a funky chamber/box above the rear end..... it's built into the body.

If the vent is not piped past that chamber, then fumes can get in the car.

Basically. Extend the vent, with hose, to one side of the car.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Thanks, the application is 69 Nova and no funky box.

There is a vent line coming off the tank pump that tees into the vent line coming off the top of the tank and to the rollover vent. The rollover-vent is mounted at the top of the passenger frame rear of the axle (used same bolt hole as original 5/16 fuel line bracket). I got some advice from some other forums, will try a charcoal canister and vent it to a Tee in the power brake vacuum line with some kind of purge valve. I'm surprised Edelbrock didn't stick a wire off the ECU to trigger the opening of a purge valve. I mean, how many applications are out there with EEC already? Since i only have 1 electric fan, i may use fan#2 signal to open the valve periodically. But really I have no idea about how long should it be opened, when it should be opened, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hcokb99 View Post

There is a vent line coming off the tank pump that tees into the vent line coming off the top of the tank and to the rollover vent. The rollover-vent is mounted at the top of the passenger frame rear of the axle (used same bolt hole as original 5/16 fuel line bracket). I got some advice from some other forums, will try a charcoal canister and vent it to a Tee in the power brake vacuum line with some kind of purge valve. I'm surprised Edelbrock didn't stick a wire off the ECU to trigger the opening of a purge valve. I mean, how many applications are out there with EEC already? Since i only have 1 electric fan, i may use fan#2 signal to open the valve periodically. But really I have no idea about how long should it be opened, when it should be opened, etc.
        Pro Flo 4 is a Pre-Pollution Controlled Efi kit.
        Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
        Just give the Engine what it wants &
        Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Originally posted by hcokb99 View Post

My 73 Omega did not have to be that complex....same body, and fuel tank....fuel tank is a little larger then 69.

You only use 1 vent at the highest point of the fuel tank.....this vent/rollover valve needs to work with both pressure and vacuum. Just like a Factory valve.

EEC systems are mapped to so many different sensors, actuators, and associated parts that it's impossible for a Universal Aftermarket EFI System to work with all of them.

And like 2700 Cast posted: All current Edelbrock EFI systems are for Pre-Pollution vehicles.

​​​​​​
          In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
          https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Working...
          X