Pairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pairing

I’m starting in the middle of this project. The shop I had the car at closed and now I’m stuck. Anyways... when I turn the key on I can hear the in tank fuel pump. It doesn’t go off. And I cannot get the tuner to pair. Any insights? Thanks.

check all of the install so you know it is right . there a sticky not posted above with the install instructions.

Comment

Is there a way to make sure the ecu is powered up? I’ve tried everything to get it to pair. Ive deleted and re installed. Nothing working. It also seems like the fuel pump is making noise when the key is on. Not so much buzzing like it’s pressure.. but clunking. But that’s another issue.

Comment

check out the sticky notes. https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...tch-this-video

Comment

I have read and watched that.. I have 2 dirrerent android tablets. They recognize each other. But neither will find the ecu to pair. I’ve deleted and reinstalled both tablets twice.

is there any way to check that the ecu is got power?

Comment

You should have 2 ring terminals that come from the ECU ( 4" x 4" box that says Edelbrock on it ).

1 ring terminal, with red wire, goes to the positive of the battery.

The second terminal, with 3 black wires goes to the negative of the battery.

Somewhere coming off the ECU is a PINK/BLACK wire. This is the control turn on.
            Make sure that this wire is connected to a Factory wire that is HOT ( 12 volts Positive ) when the ignition key is in the RUN, and Cranking position......it must not drop power in between the 2 positions......second time: Its +12 Volts that's uninterrupted between RUN, and CRANKING.

They might have connected it at the fuse box, and it came off.

With out power on the PINK/BLACK. The system will never turn ON.
            In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
            https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

The pink wire is hooked to the starter solinoid. It has power both on and cranking. Car won’t start and won’t recognize the ecu

Comment

This a FORD?

You don't have to have the motor running, to pair the ECU.
                You just need to have power on the PINK/BLACK wire..........you also need to have the power to the 2 ring terminals, from a 100% fully charged battery.
                In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
                https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

67 firebird. Has a high torque starter with remote Solinoid. I’m pretty sure the ecu is bad. There’s power to the pink wire when on and cranking. When I turn the key on its 12v. 2 different tablets won’t find it. The more troubling issue is the fuel pump seems to be on when the key is on. Not buzzing more like clunking. It doesnt stop. Plenty of pressure at the throttle body.

Comment

Hopefully, your fuel pump is feed from a relay that the PF4 negative trigger is activating and is not using ProFlo 4 fuel pump wire as the negative ground for your fuel pump if it draws more than 10 amps. There are all kinds of caution about that in the instructions. Being that you are picking this up from someone else, you never know unless you check.

Comment

Originally posted by jman001 View Post
                      67 firebird. Has a high torque starter with remote Solinoid. I’m pretty sure the ecu is bad. There’s power to the pink wire when on and cranking. When I turn the key on its 12v. 2 different tablets won’t find it. The more troubling issue is the fuel pump seems to be on when the key is on. Not buzzing more like clunking. It doesnt stop. Plenty of pressure at the throttle body.
                      Call the Techline 800-416-8628.
                      Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
                      Just give the Engine what it wants &
                      Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Ok. I traced the pairing issue. One left.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

These 2 wires. They are connected together. It has to be causin g the fuel pump issue. Key on. Pump makes noise. Key off. Pump stays on. 30-40 seconds and I pull the battery cable to shut it off....

Comment

Originally posted by jman001 View Post
                            Ok. I traced the pairing issue. One left.
                            fuel pump relay PF4.JPG

Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
                            Just give the Engine what it wants &
                            Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Instead of wiring the the orange and white to coil?? I still can’t find those 2 wire in the pic though???

Comment

Working...
                              X