200-4R TV Cable Hook Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200-4R TV Cable Hook Up

Anyone else running a 200-4R? I recently swapped one in my car and I'm running the TV cable hooked up to the rear hole, which is where I *think* I'm supposed to connect it. My 1-2 shift are good right around 20mph when cruising but my 2-3 shifts seem late, sometimes I have to let off the throttle to encourage it to shift, same with 3-4. Am I supposed to be using the front hole instead? Or is there an adapter I need to use? Car is a '70 GTO w/ 400ci motor
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

You need to determine if you have the new or older throttle body. Old one needs a bracket for 200-4R or 700-R4 TV cable, new one has correct geometry. Appears you have new TB but I'm not certain about correct TV cable location.

Comment

That's the right hole....
      15 degrees from the center line of the upper throttle mounting hole on the "right"......any other hole is "not" the throttle mounting hole.

Here's a link to "some" adjustments: https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/...-instructions/

The 700/200 transmissions are ok. But for some reason ( it's to hard to do ) no one ever gets it adjusted right.....hint: you 100% need a pressure gauge to adjust the TV ( throttle valve ) cable.

Get a transmission shop manual from a Transmission Parts Supply House to do all the adjustments needed.

Never believe anyone who says "I just hooked it up and it works fine".......because after they say that. The next line they say starts with the word BUT....Always disregard any WORDS before the word BUT.
      In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
      https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Working...
      X