Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFR stays at 10

Hello,

I recently had to remove my right side header to repair an oil leak. The O2 Sensor was out of the car for a week +. After reassembly and startup my AFR does not change from 10 . I am wondering if I need to recalibrate the ECU to the O2 sensor , or if I have damaged the sensor/wiring to the sensor.

Here's a quick and easy way to test the O2 sensor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsr55FInfwk

Comment

Make sure all the pins are fully inserted in all the connections.
      In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
      https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Also take good visual inspection to make sure harness wiring didn't get hot/melted from piping.

Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
        Just give the Engine what it wants &
        Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Harness was not disconnected or rerouted , so I am more inclined that a wire was broken internally during removal or installation. I know I should have disconnected it before removal. I have a new sensor coming. Does anyone know if there is any calibration needed when changing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Blancher View Post
            Harness was not disconnected or rerouted , so I am more inclined that a wire was broken internally during removal or installation. I know I should have disconnected it before removal. I have a new sensor coming. Does anyone know if there is any calibration needed when changing ?

Go into ECU Settings > Reset Self Learn. Thats it.
            Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
            Just give the Engine what it wants &
            Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Working...
            X