Aeromotive Gen II Stealth Fuel Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeromotive Gen II Stealth Fuel Tank

I am building a 347 stroker for my 1966 Mustang, plan to run the Pro-Flo 4, and am looking at upgrading to an Aeromotive Gen II Stealth Fuel tank. I have two questions-1. I assume that I just need to follow the Pro-Flo 4 instructions for an in-tank fuel pump and install a relay, any other things that I need to take into consideration before purchasing? 2. 2 pumps are available a 200lph supporting up to 600hp and a 340lph, based on the instructions that specify a minimum on 215lph I would need to go with the 340lph even though the 200 would support my horsepower, correct? I am excited to join this forum and join the fuel injected community with my mustang that I have owned since 1984 and am currently upgrading all of the drivetrain. Thanks in advance!

The 200 is ok.

And.

Even though you will be having a intank pump.
    You will still need a vacuum referenced fuel regulator.
    #17400 is set for 43 PSI.
    #17401 is set for 58 PSI.
    Both are good for 67 GPH / 225 LPH.....use 2 for more power.

A regulator mounted closer to the injectors helps with the small pressure spikes...... basically. The injectors made less noise with the regulator being closer to the regulator......kind of acts like a damper.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Thank you. How do I choose which PSI regulator to use, 43 or 58? I reviewed the instructions and sticky's and don't see anything.

Comment

Post what camshaft you are going to use on your 347ci motor.
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.

Comment

Comp Cams Xtreme Energy Computer Controlled 224/232 Hydraulic Roller. Intake Duration at .050 Inch Lift:224. I see on page 27 now the map matrix. Is it okay to go with the 35 size injector at the 430hp, I don't plan to make any changes in the future to increase hp just want to make sure the system provides enough fuel.

Comment

The 29 is a different intake vs the 35....This is a special case only involving Small Block Fords ( just in case a Chevy person thinks there's a difference between the Chevy 29 vs 35 ).

The 29 is a tiny bit shorter.

I believe Edelbrocks #2221 camshaft is a tiny bit more powerful the Comp Cams unit......the #2221 makes 384 HP.

So.
            I would use the 35 injectors.
            With a 43 psi vacuum referenced regulator..... Edelbrock #17400.
            Calibration map #5013.
            Or.
            If you idle vacuum is less then 12"......use a vacuum gauge. Not what the display says.
            Then use Calibration map #5015.

Comment

Thank you for the information Bite_Me. I'm a couple weeks out from the machine work being complete.

Comment

If you refer to the 2nd to the last page in the instructions there is a MAP Matrix chart, listing all the MAPS & cam sizes/injectors /HP & they list required Fuel PSI per MAP.

Very important info when choosing your Fuel system.
                Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
                Just give the Engine what it wants &
                Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Thank you 2700 Cast. Would you recommend the 340lph pump vs. the 200lph? Is this an area where it is okay to be oversized? I am thinking I will start out with the 35930 model with 29lb injectors, shouldn't have hood clearance issues with that intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhansen67 View Post
                    Thank you 2700 Cast. Would you recommend the 340lph pump vs. the 200lph? Is this an area where it is okay to be oversized? I am thinking I will start out with the 35930 model with 29lb injectors, shouldn't have hood clearance issues with that intake.
                    How much HP do you expect ?

Jim McFarland....

Comment

420 to 430 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhansen67 View Post
                        420 to 430 hp.
                        29 lb/hr injectors are good for 450 HP, so you are OK to run those.
                        Fuel pump needed is 255L/hr. good for up to 600 HP.

Are you building a bracket race car ? or a Donut Cruiser ?

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Just a cruiser. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                          X