No announcement yet.

Fine tuning setup on a SBC 350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that is what it is designed to do. Do not adjust the regulator if it was set correctly with the hose disconnected and plugged. Did you raise your idle timing to 20 degrees as suggested?

Comment

Well not sure how it can run so well last night and turn around and get back to it’s bad behavior. I drove around for about 5 miles, got some gas and all was good.

Today it was back to running rough and almost stalling.

I did increase idle spark to 20. Could any bad sensors be causing problems? Ecu issues? I’ve reached out to a mechanic and will probably be taking it to him next weekend if I can’t get things dialed in by then.

Comment

You had a 43 psi map loaded with a 58 psi fuel pressure. With the self learn in fast it was taking the info and trying to adjust everything to make it run properly. That means there was some amount of learning done and some adjustments made by the system. I would not expect it to run very well, when the fuel pressure was corrected, unless you cleared out the stuff already learned. It will fix itself eventually if it gets run time on it or you can speed up the process by dumping the bad stuff in memory.

Comment

Originally posted by scottastew View Post
          Well not sure how it can run so well last night and turn around and get back to it’s bad behavior. I drove around for about 5 miles, got some gas and all was good.

Today it was back to running rough and almost stalling.

I did increase idle spark to 20. Could any bad sensors be causing problems? Ecu issues? I’ve reached out to a mechanic and will probably be taking it to him next weekend if I can’t get things dialed in by then.
          How is it running now?

Please consult the E-tuners user manual for info on tablet settings & what they mean.

Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
          Just give the Engine what it wants &
          Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Originally posted by 2700 Cast View Post

How is it running now?

Please consult the E-tuners user manual for info on tablet settings & what they mean.
            Not great. I've reloaded the MAP a couple times, went through the setup process, done the adjustments you and others have suggested, and I think I have it setup correctly and take a little drive around only to come back to it several hours later and have it idle rough. I'm taking it to a mechanic this week because I'm about to the limit of my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by scottastew View Post

Not great. I've reloaded the MAP a couple times, went through the setup process, done the adjustments you and others have suggested, and I think I have it setup correctly and take a little drive around only to come back to it several hours later and have it idle rough. I'm taking it to a mechanic this week because I'm about to the limit of my knowledge.

Call the Techline 800-416-8628
              We can help you get it right.
              Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
              Just give the Engine what it wants &
              Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Did you clear the self learn memory on the fuel modifier tab? If you did not, I would do it. Then it will be learning with the original parameters matching your map.

Comment

Ok, I'll try that tonight DDSmith. I assumed that reset or cleared once I go through the setup process, but I'll specifically clear the memory tonight. I'll also call the techline tomorrow. Thanks both for the advice.

Comment

Ignition coil was bad. So much time trouble shooting and stressing about everything and it was the dang coil. Bosch blue coil went out and the MSD was installed and it’s like a new truck. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X