No announcement yet.

Map selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing i noticed, was that mechanical gauge and Etuner fuel pressure readings didn`t match, there was about 5psi difference between those two (mechanical 43psi and the same time Etuner reads 48psi)
    Which one to trust?

Comment

Originally posted by BBimpala View Post
      One thing i noticed, was that mechanical gauge and Etuner fuel pressure readings didn`t match, there was about 5psi difference between those two (mechanical 43psi and the same time Etuner reads 48psi)
      Which one to trust?
      I've heard it's better to trust the standalone gauge over the tablets fuel pressure reading.

Comment

If 2 gauges don't match, then you need a 3rd to see what 2 now match.
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
        https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
          If 2 gauges don't match, then you need a 3rd to see what 2 now match.
          Old saying; Man with one gauge always right, man with two gauges always wrong. Take this for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by CorkyE View Post

Old saying; Man with one gauge always right, man with two gauges always wrong. Take this for what it's worth.
            I've got 5, (Yes Five) air pressure gauges of different types and brands. Not two of those damn things read the same!

Comment

First 70 miles on the road and car feels better than EVER with carburetor! More power etc.
              But still probems with cold starts, just wont start without little throttle input. Adjusting cold start enrichment or crank fuel doesnt seem to make any obvious difference

Comment

You could try a different grade of gasoline.
                In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.

Comment

What RPM do you have the engine set to idle at? And what is your IAC at hot idle? I still think you need to open your throttle blades more.

Otherwise have you tried map 5033? That seemed to fit your cam/vacuum specs better since you said at hot idle you were getting 14in vacuum. Not sure how this map would change cold start characteristics from 5034 but just a secondary thought.

Comment

Idle is set at 800rpm. IAC is under 5% when hot and idling, but TPS reading never goes to 0, it´s usually 1%.
                    I´m using that 5033 map currently, and it seems to work okay, only real problem so far is that cold start issue.

Comment

Need to address the TPS issue.....most likely needs replacement, if the throttle mechanism is not causing the issue.

​​​​​​When the motor is cold:
                      On the Digital Display.
                      Are the "Coolant Temp", and "Air Temp" displaying the same numbers?

Comment

Yeah, probably a good idea to get new tps, I'm pretty sure, that throttle mechanism won't cause my problem.

Actually, I haven't pay attention for air temp, when cold, need to check that next time. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
                          Need to address the TPS issue.....most likely needs replacement, if the throttle mechanism is not causing the issue.

​​​​​​When the motor is cold:
                          On the Digital Display.
                          Are the "Coolant Temp", and "Air Temp" displaying the same numbers?
                          Temperature values seems to mach, so no problem there.

I also tried to adjust cold start enrichment, and when at -8, engine seems to start better?
                          ​​​​​​
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X