Pro flow on a BBF 460

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro flow on a BBF 460

Hi everyone , I hope you BBF guys have an answer for me . I just finished installing Pro flow 4 setup on my street rod 460 and I am down to installation of the new distributor and ran into a snag . I had a MSD billet distributor in it before and the new distributor will not seat down against the block by a quarter of an inch . When you set the two next to each other the edelbrock distributor is a half inch longer below the gear where it fits the oil pump shaft . Any thoughts? Thanks in advance Bob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Should be 1". Call the tech line for exchange 800-416-8628.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Actually. What oil pump shaft are you using?
      I just looked at a Melling, and the retainer clip looks like it can't be moved down as much as a ARP shaft.

Edit: I looked at some more pictures of the Melling vs the ARP shafts. Looks like the first pictures I looked at for the Melling where at a funky angle, and seemed like it had a shorter section for the retainer clip...now they kind of look like they have the same distance.

If your using the stock oil shaft. The distributor shaft will push the retainer clip down the extra 1/2" needed.....factory shafts don't have the "stops" like high performance aftermarket units do.
      Last edited by BITE_ME; 10-17-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately the motor is all together . I am going to root though my paperwork to see what kind of pump my engine builder used . Thanks for your response , Bob

Comment

Internet is saying Ford 460 distributors are 1/2" longer then regular distributors...my EFI distributors are buried in the shop some where.
          The picture is of a point distributor on the left, and a HEI on the right. Sparkplug box is 1" wide.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Bob, I had the same problem on my ‘69 429. It does use a stock oil pump shaft and I was able to gently tap the clip down the shaft with the distributor.

Cheers,
            Dustin

Comment

Working...
            X