fuel supply issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel supply issue

have a 55 210 with a 400sbc mild cam,etc. etc. installed pro flo 4 awhile ago, works nice and still learning. has a 35943 pump and reg. fuel cell in trunk, pump mounted under tank on frame, 100 micron filter before pump and 40micron with 10 micron after pump. set reg at 58 psi. everything was working great then just last week lost fuel pressure after a short run, starts up just fine runs for a block or two then shuts down, restarts fine then shuts down. checked wiring, filters, lines, full tank of gas, any thoughts any one?

Does the pump still run, when it looses pressure?
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

pressure goes to zero, no pump sound

Comment

Hotwire the pump to run when ign key is on & see if engine stays running.

Comment

HAVE A direct feed to pump from ecu, but will try a jumper wire , maybe it is a pump issue. thanks for input let you know. wi-fi problem here, yea spectrum ????

Comment

i think he is saying to run a 12 v wire to pump with a toggle switch with key on to see if pump stays running. the install instructions say not to wire pump to e c u unless a relay is used . if you use the sump then you connect to e c u connector.

Comment

have a relay for pump going to check if signal is solid from ecu or relay is bad or pump is bad going to use a light to see where signal is stopped. nice to have a fresh look or idea to try. will let you guys know

Comment

Poolman,

With our inline pump NO relay is required.

For Testing ONLY-------Run a hotwire from battery + to red terminal on pump & run a ground wire to chassis to - terminal on pump.

Does pump work ? Make pressure ? will engien start ?

Comment

have determined the relay stops the ecu signal to pump after a few minutes. instructions indicated to use a relay. so I will delete relay and run wire from ecu direct to pump 10 amp fuse for pump?

Comment

this may be a dumb question but can I use a chassis ground or wire direct to pump from ecu, with no chassis ground as per page 17 of instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by poolman13 View Post
                      this may be a dumb question but can I use a chassis ground or wire direct to pump from ecu, with no chassis ground as per page 17 of instructions.

For Testing ONLY-------Run a hotwire from battery + to red terminal on pump & run a ground wire to chassis to - terminal on pump.

Does pump work ? Make pressure ? will engien start ?

What were the results ?

For the purpose of testing---asked to ground to chassis.

For PROPER hookup ---connect Orange 12v to positive on pump & Tan/White to negative on pump.

Comment

re wiring now. will post result shortly thanks

Comment

fuel pump is drawing more than 10 amps

Comment

running real strong found a suspect ground, had to put a relay for the pump. now for a real test drive. thanks for the response

Comment

I spoke too soon. engine stumbles when accelerating. pressure set at 43 psi. matrix states I need 58 psi. when set at 58 pump gets hot and cuts out, wait a few minutes and it will work for awhile then cuts out again. I have a #3594 pump with #1728 reg. I may have the incorrect pump

Comment

Working...
                              X