• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerBerglund View Post

You are incorrect.
    It is for EFI
    Screen Shot 10-14-20.JPG

A fixed is better thats why I recommend the Bosch Mini series that works

Edelbrock you linked to seams to be a odd copy of a Bosch unit.
    Would be way safer if Edelbrock incorporated the same regulator adapter as Bosch type....Same in Fitech!
    When my Fitech "China" regulator broke I just went down to nearest Bosch retail and bought a new for $30
    I'm confused. I didn't link to any products, and a thin membrane "is" for low PSI regulators.

But I'll link now to a to a 44 PSI replacement : https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...regulator,6124
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by fleet man View Post
      i dont under stand if you buy this fuel system why would not buy the components from the maker of this fuel system for this system ?

The Edelbrock regulator was back ordered at the time I needed it and the Tanks Inc was in stock for immediately delivery. I did buy the Edelbrock ignition coil. A lot of good that did me as it failed at 600 miles. I contacted Edelbrock via their online form for a warranty replacement and the total of the response I received was "reach out to our tech/warranty dept to get this issue resolved" without even giving me the contact information. For future reference Edelbrock, the correct response would have been "Our Tech department handles warranty claims, we'll forward your request to them".

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
        I don't understand why people just don't buy the fixed units. There the same ones used on millions of GM motors.

Which fixed unit part number would you recommend for a 58 psi system?

DC

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

I'm confused. I didn't link to any products, and a thin membrane "is" for low PSI regulators.

But I'll link now to a to a 44 PSI replacement : https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...regulator,6124
          I thought it was a link but it was only text ....
          Edelbrock #17401 for 58 PSI
          Weird one hard to connect with strange OEM couplings.....AN couplings are so much easier

About Tanks Inc regulator and that they mount wrong parts you better inform them.
          Even if it would be correct parts I will never buy fuel parts made of "Chinesium" ever again.
          I bought the tank from them at the same time and that piece is really nice anyway!

Edelbrock would the best fuel injection system if a fuel regulation would be designed in as it is in many other aftermarket systems do.
          Handing over the regulator decision to the customer can go really wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DC3 View Post

The Edelbrock regulator was back ordered at the time I needed it and the Tanks Inc was in stock for immediately delivery. I did buy the Edelbrock ignition coil. A lot of good that did me as it failed at 600 miles. I contacted Edelbrock via their online form for a warranty replacement and the total of the response I received was "reach out to our tech/warranty dept to get this issue resolved" without even giving me the contact information. For future reference Edelbrock, the correct response would have been "Our Tech department handles warranty claims, we'll forward your request to them".
            i hear what you are saying but when you do special parts [ this fuel system ] the old saying is anything worth while is worth waiting for . i waited 2 months for my pro-flo to ship to me so i hear you but i wont substitute any thing i will wait for the right part's

Comment

Their a corporation. The techs have to fill out forms for every thing. Hence they need "accurate" information from the consumer directly. Not second hand.
              It's not like at Jack In The Box. Where if they get your burger wrong, they just make another, with out typing in their computers why inventory is short a burger.

Comment

Which fixed unit part number would you recommend for a 58 psi system?

DC
                Edelbrock #17401

Comment

Edelbrock #17401 for 58 PSI
                  Weird one hard to connect with strange OEM couplings..??????????????????????...AN couplings are so much easier

Incorrect

Its made to connect to rail after you remove black plug.
                  And the Return threads are -6AN.

Easy Peasy.

https://static.summitracing.com/glob...ureRegulat.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by PerBerglund View Post

I thought it was a link but it was only text .....
                    Weird one hard to connect with strange OEM couplings.....AN couplings are so much easier

About Tanks Inc regulator and that they mount wrong parts you better inform them.
                    Even if it would be correct parts I will never buy fuel parts made of "Chinesium" ever again.
                    I bought the tank from them at the same time and that piece is really nice anyway!

Edelbrock would the best fuel injection system if a fuel regulation would be designed in as it is in many other aftermarket systems do.
                    Handing over the regulator decision to the customer can go really wrong.
                    Edelbrock used to include all the parts ( regulator, fuel pump, fuel lines ) in their original systems ( before the majority of people had internet...heck it was before most people had cellphones ). Do to the fact it was hard for people to get all the parts needed.

Fast forward to 2020. Some people want a "special" fuel tank, that's modified for EFI use. Some people don't.
                    Some people want a fuel system that can be used in a boost application. Some people don't.
                    Some people want a simple "reliable" rail mounted fuel system. Some people don't.

My point is:
                    It would be an absurd amount of part numbers to keep every one happy. So they just include the main parts needed in the kits, and it's up to the consumer to select the remainder of the parts needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X