Fuel Regulator Recomendation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Regulator Recomendation....

While working to adjust/correct my idle the fuel pressure was high on a posted photo.... I tried to adjust it and it just increases, never goes down.... now I have a red fuel pressure indicator so, ill replace the regulator. What does the forum recommend?? HP Edelbrock pump to ProFlo4.

Originally posted by AnotherChef View Post
    While working to adjust/correct my idle the fuel pressure was high on a posted photo.... I tried to adjust it and it just increases, never goes down.... now I have a red fuel pressure indicator so, ill replace the regulator. What does the forum recommend?? HP Edelbrock pump to ProFlo4.

I'm running one I picked up from Tanks Inc. This one: https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...rod/prd488.htm

It's been working fine with the Pro-Flo 4 XT system on my '73 Vette with the Tanks Inc GPA-4 in-tank fuel pump (255 liters/hour).

DC

Comment

X2 what DC3 said. Exact same set-up I have in my '57 Chevy. What regulator is giving you grief?

Comment

I dont remember what brand/style it is or find the paperwork on it. I got it locally. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Comment

Stay away for that "Tanks Inc" unit its garbage!
          It has a really thin membrane and it broke in my system after only 3months...

received_353198742356766.jpeg
          Just a cheap unit and you get what you pay.
          This one cost me a "tow" so it would been cheaper to buy a $300 unit from the beginning

For now I use an Aeromotive and I notice it was better membrane quality

received_1440106496200283.jpeg

Comment

Edelbrock #17400 for 43 PSI.
            Edelbrock #17401 for 58 PSI.
            At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

I'm using the Edelbrock 1728 regulator which is adjustable from 35-90 psi. with AN-6 O-ring fittings that you need to order separately. It is black in color. Price is $160.95 from Summit Racing.
              I mounted it to a fabricated bracket at the old fuel pump location on my Pontiac engine at the lower side of the timing chain cover. Fuel lines come out the frame there. A stainless hard line was run up to the fuel rail. You can see it on the lower right in this photo.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by 70_GTO_JUDGE; 10-13-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PerBerglund View Post
                Stay away for that "Tanks Inc" unit its garbage!
                It has a really thin membrane and it broke in my system after only 3months...

For now I use an Aeromotive and I notice it was better membrane quality

What were the symptoms when it failed? How did you know it was the pressure regulator? Knowing will help me to keep an eye on mine.

What is the model number for the Aeromotive regulator? I have hard supply and return lines to my existing regulator. Would the Aeromotive unit bolt up and be able to use those same lines without additional fabrication?

Just curious in case I have to replace the Tanks unit in the future.

Thanks,

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DC3 View Post

What were the symptoms when it failed? How did you know it was the pressure regulator? Knowing will help me to keep an eye on mine.

What is the model number for the Aeromotive regulator? I have hard supply and return lines to my existing regulator. Would the Aeromotive unit bolt up and be able to use those same lines without additional fabrication?

Just curious in case I have to replace the Tanks unit in the future.

Thanks,

DC

You can se the membrane in the picture above.....Notice how thin it is!!
                  It broke and fuel then goes up the the other chamber and out through the brass port I am pointing at.
                  A hose from the intake is connected to that port so fuel was then pushed out of control directly in to the intake and the engine drowned in fuel.....It stoped so quick I first thought it was an ignition or electrical issue.

I have seen some forget to connect this hose since it is not vital for the control of the regular.
                  If the hose wasn’t connected the fuel would have sprayed all over the engine and probably start a fire.
                  Really dangerous with a failing regulator membrane!!,

There are lots of regulators to choose from and I would prefere a Mini Bosch unit due to high quality and it is safer.
                  Aeromotive should be close to Bosch since they also take this seriously
                  I bought 13140 since it was easy available
                  Last edited by PerBerglund; 10-14-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

i dont under stand if you buy this fuel system why would not buy the components from the maker of this fuel system for this system ?

Comment

The thin membrane is for a carburetor regulator....low PSI.

I don't understand why people just don't buy the fixed units. There the same ones used on millions of GM motors.
                      At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

I don't understand why people just don't buy the fixed units. There the same ones used on millions of GM motors.
                        You are incorrect.
                        It is for EFI
                        Screen Shot 10-14-20.JPG

A fixed is better thats why I recommend the Bosch Mini series that works

Edelbrock you linked to seams to be a odd copy of a Bosch unit.
                        Would be way safer if Edelbrock incorporated the same regulator adapter as Bosch type....Same in Fitech!
                        When my Fitech "China" regulator broke I just went down to nearest Bosch retail and bought a new for $30

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post

if the people would read and under stand how the factory did fuel systems just on the Chevy tuned port fuel injection then they would see what edelbrock system is almost the same.

i remember in 1987 installing a 350 t.p.i in a 80 Malibu just getting the parts needed to do the install then wiring from a book to a car that barley had a fuse box with the needed slots to wire it in and not looked hacked.

this the best system out there don't cheep out on the needed parts to work as designed to

Comment

Originally posted by PerBerglund View Post

You are incorrect.
                            It is for EFI
                            Screen Shot 10-14-20.JPG

A fixed is better thats why I recommend the Bosch Mini series that works

Edelbrock you linked to seams to be a odd copy of a Bosch unit.
                            Would be way safer if Edelbrock incorporated the same regulator adapter as Bosch type....Same in Fitech!
                            When my Fitech "China" regulator broke I just went down to nearest Bosch retail and bought a new for $30

and a politician always keeps his promises!!! and fitech is cheap junk

Comment

Originally posted by fleet man View Post

and a politician always keeps his promises!!! and fitech is cheap junk
                              I am no politician I do it for real!!!!
                              5 years ago I run the Fitech and this how it's regulator look after 2months
                              20180609_215830.jpg
                              Put in a Bosch and it worked fine!!.....Until the ECU fried the system went to the bin

Comment

Working...
                              X