Load v65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load v65

I just loaded the new firmware at least I thought I did and I am having all kinds of problems.

Went through the process reloaded the map that I had saved it fired up any mediately ran like poop. I turned it off then started it backup and then it died and at that point it is no longer firing the fuel pump. At that point I panicked and tried to run the set up wizard again and it won't go past 69% loading.

Now it is reluctant to connect to my device. before I make anything worse I think I need to call somebody please advise best way to get ahold of a tech.

If it connects to BT , but kicks you out 5 secs later.
    You have corrupt the ECU.
    It will need to be sent in for reflash.

Call 800-416-8628

Comment

Originally posted by 2700 Cast View Post
      If it connects to BT , but kicks you out 5 secs later.
      You have corrupt the ECU.
      It will need to be sent in for reflash.

Call 800-416-8628
      UPDATE 2700 cast,

first thank you for responding so quickly. it is appreciated and another reason I went with the edelbrock product.

I was able to get it fired and running real good. I do not know what I did wrong from the get go but this is what I did to "fix" it. Please advise if I should call someone still. The edelbrock supplied tablet although always had a green checkmark appeared to be "dropping" bluetooth connection even after removing the e-tuner system app and reloading so I switched over to my work phone which is the latest Samsung product.

after that I went to the home screen of the just downloaded e-tuner app on my phone now instead of the tablet after it connected and noted that the "new 5033v65 update appeared to have "taken" and been loaded..............

I attempted to reload V65 firmware update again but it would never get past 69% so then I tried uploading my saved "map". It too never appeared to get to 100%.

Frustrated on a Sunday I did about an hour of on line sleuthing and tried a couple of things that didn't work either. In diagnostics section of e-tuner app I noticed that all parameters except fuel pressure and o2 sensor were green. Huummmmm

Finally at the end of the day I was perusing the e-tuner app again and found the "reset ECU" icon and said what the heck. I clicked on it, it did its thing. I power cycled the ECU and turned the key back on and heard the fuel pump prime. I said OK lets try firing it up.

SUCCESS!!!!!!

It roared to life. It looks like it may have indeed up loaded parts of my saved file? I didn't have to reset the IAC but many of the other parameters I did have too reset.

If I had to guess it looks like I'm starting from square one again and will have to let it relearn all parameters since I chose to reload using the set up wizard which is fine.

Thoughts?

Comment

Not sure, maybe an error during update ?

As long as it is running & talking to the tablet,

Drive it like you stole it.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2700 Cast View Post
          Not sure, maybe an error during update ?

As long as it is running & talking to the tablet,

Drive it like you stole it.....
          suggestion: Maybe the ECU should have a "cable" to physically connect to a device as a back up plan? Is there a reason this isn't built in?

Comment

Make the product reliable, so you don't need backup plans........Best plan ever.

At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
              Make the product reliable, so you don't need backup plans........Best plan ever.
              I agree 100% but reality dictates differently. edelbrock = great and reliable product.
              ACER tablet w/android operating system..............not so much. hence my recommendation for a hard direct line connection

Comment

A hard wire connection, believe it or not, actually causes the same, or even more problems.

All connections last X amount of time, before they are considered "unreliable".

I'll give a example:

The main connection on the Pro-Flo 4 is rated for around 20 insertions.......after 20 insertions. You have to inspect the connections, to see if their still usable.
                At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Well I spoke too soon on this one. I took it out for a drive got home and it wouldn't start backup. same problem but now the ecu wont fire the fuel pump no matter what I try.. everything I tried before including reload of v65 and my map will not work. It will still BT connect but only if I " search" for new devices everytime. It will not auto connect anymore. When it does connect the diagnostic screen shows all green except fuel pressure. It will however completely upload the V65 firmware and it will completely upload my map 100%. I think the ECU is corrupt and does need to be re flashed. I will call in the morning.

I like to blame the ACER tablet.........hopefully it was just my incompetence though.
                  Last edited by marc s; 10-06-2020, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I spoke with peter and he advised me of a few things to try once I get back to the car and we will go from there. Ill update the community as well as I know this has happened to others.

since it appears I can still get a BT connection Im going to check TPS movement, check fuel pressure, RPM while cranking and then try hotwiring fuel pump to see if it will run. I may even try the set up wizard again to see if that works as that is what got the ECU to fire the fuel pump last time after what appeared to be a failed v65 download.
                    Last edited by marc s; 10-06-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

UPDATE 10-7-20

Peter, BITE ME or 2700 CAST or whom it may concern,

I'm able to get a BT connection still.

While cranking the device shows about 200 RPM. When working the accelerator pedal the device shows TPS range of movement from 100% and back to zero when you let off. I'm using the edelbrock fuel pump relay kit since I have an in tank walbro pump. 10 awg wire all around for ECU pos lead, relay pos lead as well as relay to batt and pump pos leads. New 10 awg wire for ECU to batt neg lead since the batt is in the bed. I'm using the Holley adjustable regulator set at 43-44PSI w/return and a manual gauge screwed into the front port. While cranking it shows 2-3 PSI on the device and 0 PSI on the gauge.

it appears I have no power at the fuel pump with key on but I cant turn the key on and get under the car fast enough to check power at the pump so Ill get a buddy to come over tonight. Ill also hotwire fuel pump to see if it works but i suspect it not only works but the car will start and run.

i suspect the ECU fuel pump driver got corrupted during the firmware update but I would assume that is rare in that from what i understand the entire ECU would corrupt and it wont hold a BT connection for more than about 5 seconds but we shall see.

Ill report my findings tomorrow and call tech line as well.
                      Last edited by marc s; 10-07-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

UPDATE 10-8-20

Got it running although I'm confused.

Did all my tests recommended by Peter but before I did that I went through the set up wizard again just for kicks since I had nothing to lose and it at least in my mind worked the first time to get it started. It still wouldn't fire the fuel pump with initial key on.

Then...

1-Hotwired the fuel pump. It immediately came on and pressurized the system. I was able to start the car and it ran.

2-After removing my jump harness to pump and with help from a buddy I turned key on while not starting and I went under car and checked for power at the pump itself. None, no power. .

3-I then turned key on without starting and checked for power coming out of relay. While getting my multi meter leads ready to test it I heard the relay click on and off? I don't remember hearing that before when it wouldn't run back at the beginning of this thread but I'm not positive as I wasn't listening for it then
                        4-Then I tried testing for or looking for the ECU signal/power BEFORE the relay while the key was on but not starting the car. Never could get a reading but i think i was not testing correctly.

5-Finally even though the edelbrock 30a fuel pump relay fuse didn't appear to be blown I replaced it anyway.

6-I checked for continuity of the original 30a fuse and it checked out good. Not sure what going on.

Wait for it................................................ .......yep it sure did. Turned the key on and heard the fuel pump prime and shut off. I started the car and it ran albeit rough since I had gone through the set up wizard again.

I let it run until it hit 167*. Shortly after startup it smoothed out nicely. While waiting for it to come up to operating temp I went in and re-ntered all my parameters and modifiers I had changed before this fiasco started. I did not have to reset timing or IAC though.

Maybe the fuel pressure sensor is going bad??

Signed,

confused.......................
                        Last edited by marc s; 10-08-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

the fuel pressure sensor is reference for you to see if the pressure is in spek, dose not effect how the car runs.

Comment

Originally posted by fleet man View Post
                            the fuel pressure sensor is reference for you to see if the pressure is in spek, dose not effect how the car runs.
                            It doesn't tell the ECU to trigger the fuel pump to turn on? how else would the ECU know it has fuel pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by marc s View Post

It doesn't tell the ECU to trigger the fuel pump to turn on? how else would the ECU know it has fuel pressure?
                              no it is only a reference for you. bite me has told us this in other post so you can remove to check your fuel pressure. the fuel pressure sensor on some peoples system has been off so he told us to check with a manual gage where that sensor is screwed in to and it will not effect the running of the system.

the e c u sends a ground to the relay for 8 seconds for prim . until it see's a set r p m then runs pump all the time
                              Last edited by fleet man; 10-08-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X