Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 Map Sensor / IAT Question

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm hoping I have a fairly simple question and I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere. Just to confirm, does the #3547 2.5 Bar Map Sensor/Harness completely replace the existing 1 Bar Sensor and separate IAT sensor? That is how it looks, but I would just like to know for when I move to forced induction. I don't want to buy a screw in IAT sensor and tap the bonnet if it isn't required. I am running the 4150 style intake on a 496 BBC. Thank you everyone!

when you boost an engine the air intake will want to blow out the i a t sensor it has been said to buy the screw in i a t sensor so it wont be a problem. it is your stuff but i would screw in my i a t sensor if i had a boosted engine.

Comment

Originally posted by fleet man View Post
      when you boost an engine the air intake will want to blow out the i a t sensor it has been said to buy the screw in i a t sensor so it wont be a problem. it is your stuff but i would screw in my i a t sensor if i had a boosted engine.
      The 2.5 bar MAP has an integrated IAT sensor, as noted in the description on the sticky. I am trying to determine if that one will replace the existing IAT sensor if you are switching to forced induction. When you look at the harness adapter for the MAP, it has the plug on it for IAT as part of it, so I'm assuming it just bridges the two into one sensor. I understand that if I were using the regular 2 bar sensor, which is just a direct replacement for the 1 bar, I would then need the screw in IAT to prevent it from popping out under boost.

Comment

I ordered the same part, https://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-3547 , it's listed as an upgrade for PF4 and the adapter harness will occupy both harness plugs. You would have nowhere to plug in a separate IAT. So my answer is yes. But you won't be alone if I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X