Use of different distributor with Pro Flo 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of different distributor with Pro Flo 4

Is it possible to install the Pro Flo 4 system with a different distributor? I just installed a magnetic pickup distributor that includes a mechanical tach drive to operate the tach on my 1964 Corvette and would like to preserve this arrangement. Please let me know if anyone has experience with this situation.

I further notice that my distributor has a male version of the connector on the Edelbrock distributor, which is a female connector. If I can get a male to female adapter for this connector, that would allow me to use this distributor.

Comment

i dont think it would work the trigger for the e c u may be wrong . the hall affect signal is a square wave and the pick up coil has a different signal.

Comment

Sorry, but you must use the included distributor for PF4 to work.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully this is an option that Edelbrock can develop for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmazzei View Post
            Thanks for the responses. Hopefully this is an option that Edelbrock can develop for the future.
            Most Vette guy's use this : https://www.corvettecentral.com/c3-6...ctronic%2btach

Sorry '63 & '64 are not covered.....

Maybe get enough 63-64 guys to have them build one.

Comment

Working...
            X