Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans dont turn off

hello

just got my car started, but as soon as I turn on the ignition switch the fans come on, engine is cold and temp for the fans is set at 180.
    Iam running a solid state msd relay for the fans and it shows that the ECU is activating the fans , the app shows the fans off.... do I have a bad ECU??

Bad wiring.
    If you send a ground signal to the fan trigger wires. The display will show the fans are activated.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

ok!! ill check the hole thing tomorrow!! thank you!

Comment

hello, well its properly wired... could it be a bad ground? block not grounded? the msd relay is showing left led on, 12v in the output... iam going to install a regular relay...

Comment

Originally posted by ruidos99 View Post
          hello, well its properly wired... could it be a bad ground? block not grounded? the msd relay is showing left led on, 12v in the output... iam going to install a regular relay...
          What's the difference between a MSD relay and a regular relay?

Comment

Originally posted by ruidos99 View Post
            Left LED ON = "Fault due to 12V applied directly to the output, or faulty unit."
            Link: https://documents.holley.com/frm3428...643_lowres.pdf

For the record. I don't like any solid state relays. Their a pain to wire up, and when they do go bad, their very hard to replace.

PS: I wired up 14 regular relays, and 1 adjustable timed delay relay today in 1 car today.....with out any diagrams. In the 80's and 90's I would wire-up around 300 relays a month. Not a single one ever went bad.

Use:
            Bosch Relays 332209150

Comment

Ok I installed 2 80amp relays and done!!! works like a champ!! thank you!!

Comment

A Pic for you guys!
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok.
                  Car that I'm working on now. 20 relays total.
                  1595117331585-458167461.jpg

Comment

holly crap!! what’s all that!!?? looks good!

Comment

Zapco amplifiers. The bottom boxes with the RED, BLACK wires are the +\- 40 Volt power supplies. The middle boxes are the storage supplies. The top boxes are the 100 x 2 amplifiers.

So.
                      Basically it's a 1969 car, with a 1980's audio system.

Comment

Working...
                      X