Won’t start after running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won’t start after running

Lost power driving down the road low RPM’s car just stalled. After about five minutes of cranking it finally fired and ran fine. I suspected low voltage and had the alternator tested which was bad replaced with another O’Reilly alternator and it gets good voltage. Seems like once it’s a temp and you turn the car off it often does not start and both my analog gauge and the pad show 12 V or less. takes three or four cycles of the ignition and finally starts. The starter turns fine no issues not sure if it’s not getting spark or fuel and not sure why it’s doing it only when it’s warm I replace the alternator the battery the coil and the voltage regulator none of which have solve the problem. Also when I try to update my firmware version 6.5 it won’t save my map program so it won’t let me upgrade it I don’t know if I have an ECU issue or not

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Make of Vehicle?
      Where are you getting power for the PINK/BLACK wire?
      Have you tested with the PINK/BLACK wire connected with a toggle switch, and the toggle switch connected directly to the battery's + post?

I don't understand the update problem clearly.
      You can update the software/firmware. Then run through the setup program again.
      In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.

Comment

That makes no sense. Your gauge display, and the Edelbrock Digital Display show the opposite of each other.

I believe you have some kind of wiring/component problem.
        What is the part number for the alternator?
        In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.

Comment

The car is a ‘66 cobra replica with a small block ford. I have about 800 miles on the Pro Flo system. The pink wire runs off the ignition switch, I haven’t put it on a toggle switch but I will try that. Funny thing is the car can sit for 3 weeks and I can bump the key and it fires right up. If I take it to town it won’t start, just turns over. I’ll put it on the toggle and try to update the firmware.

Comment

Ok I’m back after several months........ I put the pink wire on a toggle and switch works fine. The issue I’m having is the ecu reads 1.5 volts less than my analog gauge and my battery. At idle without the fan running battery shows 14 volts and Ecu shows 12.5v. When the fan comes on battery voltage drops to 12.6 and ecu drops to 11.2 v

power and ground wires come directly off the battery which s in the trunk.

Comment

Do you have a quick disconnect or cut off switch on the battery? I had one of the green knob quick disconnect on the negative post, took me a while to trace a random non start issue to that switch. Have battery mounted in truck of my Camaro also.

Comment

No battery switch. Just weird that there’s a 1.5v difference between the ECU and the battery. I’m trying to post a video of the displays

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I should probably start a different thread on this since I have more troubleshooting now

Comment

PF4 tablet display will usually read a volt or so lower than battery voltage.

Due to the App.

If you verify voltage is OK at the battery then, you should be OK.

A few other posters have asked about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X