XT install on Mopar 440 in a 69 Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XT install on Mopar 440 in a 69 Charger

I am finally starting the install of my Pro Flo 4 XT on my Charger. I previously was running FiTech and didn't have any problems with it, I just wanted to upgrade to multi port EFI, gain some hood clearance, and possibly put a supercharger on it. I will document my install here for any other Mopar guys interested
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I bought the new stainless valley cover from Hughes Engines. Should be reusable after removal.

Comment

The A/C compressor will have to be relocated to a different location . Bouchillon offer brackets to mount it down close to where the factory fuel pump is. Still looking at other options as well.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Last edited by Garner7555; 04-07-2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I forgot to post the "before" picture. Even with a deep drop down air cleaner, it was still rubbing my hood. I think it may have been limiting airflow at higher RPMs.

Comment

Nate S., the temp sensor was missing from my kit. Do I need to call in to get one or how is the best way to handle that? Thanks.

Comment

800-416-8628 Tell em you need one sent out.

Also that Blaster SS coil on your pass Fender, will damage the ECU.

Check the instructions for an approved coil.

https://misc.edelbrock.com/forum/63-35760.pdf

Comment

Thanks, I will call them and get one. Yes I was previously running Firecore distributor,wires, and coil. I did know that I was going to have to swap coils.

Comment

I had to "machine" down my right head to clear the edelbrock distributor. This was when I started, and I forgot to take an after picture. Had to take roughly .25" off at the deepest spot. The Edelbrock distributor is shorter and a lot fatter than the Firecore distributor I was running

Comment

Awesome... What Heads are you running?

Comment

They are the Sidewinder heads from Marsh Performance. (Chinese casting) I have seen other people running these heads that had to clearance them to fit the distributor

Comment

I had also to grind both my Edelbrock Victor 440 heads and the ProFlo4 intake manifold corner to fit the distributor included in the kit into my Charger with stock Mopar 440 RB engine block. Not so bolt on assembly as expected with all Edelbrock stuff.

Comment

Yeah you'd think that Edelbrock parts should fit together, but no..Also had to grind my E-street heads on my 440..Bolt on, dream on they say

Comment

Finally got a chance to work on the Charger again. Got the intake bolted on, wired it up, hooked up fuel lines, programmed it, tried to start it and it would fire up but immediately die. I changed the idle screw on throttle body and it fired up. Set the timing, idle, and IAC and she was ready to go. I'm still changing/modifying some things so I can't drive it yet, but the throttle response seems great.

Comment

Pictures of intake install.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is a sketch of how I plumbed the fuel system.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X