Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rick73bronco
    replied
    Does anybody know what the brand and model is for the large connectors used for the sensors/injectors and coils/iac?

Did more searching and found it - Delphi GT 150
    Last edited by rick73bronco; 07-21-2020, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jacbjacb
    replied
    Hi the15car

You may care to have a look at this link https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/f...-for-hobbyists it will give you a free version of Fusion 360 that will work with adobe programs and it will output STEP and IGES files that are industry standard CAD files. There is quite a steep learning curve but YouTube has a lot of tutorials and with a little bit of “focus” you will get the hang of it.

I made up the adapter seen here using the free version of fusion 360 (which I had 3d printed) so it should work for you ... https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...3711#post33711

Adobe Illustrator has a useful feature of being able to take a scan of a paper template and trace the outline. It saves it in a vector format and or you can import it as a dxf file into fusion 360. Unless you do this all the time it takes some time to work it all out .... but again YouTube can help.

I have no commercial interest in this online course, but it might help those using Fusion 360 to 3D Pint parts LINK
    Last edited by Jacbjacb; 04-11-2020, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• the15car
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacbjacb View Post
    Keep us posted please .......

Only thing I wasn’t quite so keen on with Per’s design was that it required a rectangular cut out in the firewall ... I thought at first that was required to get the socket through, but now I see that the split grommet seals work with a 3” circular hole.

Maybe it would be possible to design your own circular plug that covered the mounting bolts/screws (oval face perhaps) for a clean look and incorporate some sort of grommet (seems absent from Per’s design) to keep engine bay fumes out. Why not go crazy and have a Pro-Flo logo on it?

What CAD package do you use .... I am messing around with Fusion 360 because it seems good and is free (for personal use) ..... If you get a file you would care to share ... I would like to have a look.
    My son has AutoDesk Inventor through his high school. Still new at it though. Best he's done so far from scratch is a spark plug holder. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Jacbjacb
    replied
    Originally posted by Torino420 View Post

2" hole is enough!
    Oh Ok I misunderstood …. 3" External Diameter, 2" Firewall Circular hole, 2 x 1/2" holes for the looms.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Torino420
    replied

Only thing I wasn’t quite so keen on with Per’s design was that it required a rectangular cut out in the firewall ... I thought at first that was required to get the socket through, but now I see that the split grommet seals work with a 3” circular hole.

Maybe it would be possible to design your own circular plug that covered the mounting bolts/screws (oval face perhaps) for a clean look and incorporate some sort of grommet (seems absent from Per’s design) to keep engine bay fumes out. Why not go crazy and have a Pro-Flo logo on it?

What CAD package do you use .... I am messing around with Fusion 360 because it seems good and is free (for personal use) ..... If you get a file you would care to share ... I would like to have a look.
    2" hole is enough!

Leave a comment:

• Jacbjacb
    replied
    Originally posted by the15car View Post

That is a great idea. Just PM'ed him to see if he wouldn't mind sharing the file. We have a new 3D printer, still sorting out how to design.

Last edited by Jacbjacb; 04-09-2020, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• the15car
    replied
    Originally posted by 66Fastback View Post

A small flat head screw driver will work. First remove the purple pin retainer on the wire side, next remove the purple plastic piece covering the pins, you will see the little plastic tabs that hold each pin in place. Carefully push them back with a screwdriver then just pull the wire out.
    Thank you. Appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• the15car
    replied
    I see that Per Berglund (this forum) made up a nice Firewall Plug and 3D Printed it at home. See https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...0054#post30054
    That is a great idea. Just PM'ed him to see if he wouldn't mind sharing the file. We have a new 3D printer, still sorting out how to design.

Leave a comment:

• Torino420
    replied

Hi Torino420

Looks like a good answer to the Fire Wall Problem. I see that Seal-It make quite a few of these split grommet seals https://sealsit.com/page/2/?s=split+grommet+seal

Do you know what the size / # Part Number is of the one that worked for you?

What sized hole in the Grommet did that give you / what size secondary hole did you cut ?

Thanks
    I went with the 3" split one with the 1/2" hole, second hole was roughly 1/2" too. Hole I drilled in the firewall was 2"

Leave a comment:

• 66Fastback
    replied
    Originally posted by the15car View Post

Do you recall which tool you had to use to de-pin? Thank you.
    A small flat head screw driver will work. First remove the purple pin retainer on the wire side, next remove the purple plastic piece covering the pins, you will see the little plastic tabs that hold each pin in place. Carefully push them back with a screwdriver then just pull the wire out.

Leave a comment:

• Jacbjacb
    replied
    I see that Per Berglund (this forum) made up a nice Firewall Plug and 3D Printed it at home. See https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...0054#post30054

Leave a comment:

• Jacbjacb
    replied
    Originally posted by Torino420 View Post
    I mounted my ECU on top of the glovebox in a 69 Torino using a Seals-IT split grommet. They make many with different size holes, I went with the half inch and added a second one for other wires. I did cut a 2 inch hole, which allowed the large connecters to squeeze through.
    Hi Torino420

Looks like a good answer to the Fire Wall Problem. I see that Seal-It make quite a few of these split grommet seals https://sealsit.com/page/2/?s=split+grommet+seal

Do you know what the size / # Part Number is of the one that worked for you?

What sized hole in the Grommet did that give you / what size secondary hole did you cut ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• the15car
    replied
    Originally posted by 66Fastback View Post
    on my 66 Mustang I de-pinned the connectors, ran all the wires thru the firewall and re-pinned them using the wiring diagram in the manual.
    Do you recall which tool you had to use to de-pin? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 66Fastback
    replied
    on my 66 Mustang I de-pinned the connectors, ran all the wires thru the firewall and re-pinned them using the wiring diagram in the manual.

Leave a comment:

• Baseballcrazy
    replied
    I ran wire harness thru center of firewall and used a Seal-it . I mounted the ecu in the glovebox on my 1965 Mustang.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X