No announcement yet.

Started, ran rich and now doesnt start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, back to business. It became obvious that something is terribly wrong with the engine. So I pulled the timing cover... Aaand the timing was way way
    of​​​​​​f... Note to self: If you degree a cam, and then later disassemble the timing gears, degree it again.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumDuster View Post
      I think Ill have to find the vacuum leak first, I asked Hughes and they told that I should have 15' vacuum with that cam, I have 7-8 so something aint right.
      The key.

At least it's a easy fix.
      In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.

Comment

Ok guys, lets talk about spark. When I got the cam timing issue taken care of I took the car to a dyno to get it running properly.
        We drove the car on the dyno some time and we had to take the total timing 5 degrees down, engine couldnt handle more than 30,25 of total advance at 3200 and we got 323hp from crank. No pinging or knocking, it just “bangs head against a wall“ Would it help if I lift the total spark rpm to 3600 or 3800? I think the engine would give more power if I could increase the total spark.

Comment

Working...
        X