Coil wire recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil wire recomendation

I've searched around and haven't found many items. Wondering what others have used or made their own. Looking for coil wire from coil to distributor. I have the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 Ignition Coils 22746 and the distributor that came with the PF4. Not that many Male/Female coil wires that I can find.

Just for grins I tried to find one. Yep, not much out there. MSD has a coil wire 84039 that includes an adapter for the style coil you want to use. Too bad they don't sell the adapter separately.

Comment

Most times the coil wire is included in a spark plug wire set. An alternative to the MSD 8202 Blaster 2 coil with female center post is the MSD 8223 Blaster 3 which has a male center post.

Comment

Shame on anyone recommending a "power tower " based coil wire.

Comment

Originally posted by marc s View Post
          Shame on anyone recommending a "power tower " based coil wire.
          Are you referring to the female to male adapter in the MSD 84039 coil wire kit? It is a solution for someone that doesn't want to make a coil wire and use a common off the shelf coil wire for a remote coil. And it works apparently. It would be better to make one up as far as looks in the engine bay are concerned.

Did you ever figure out how to make that 1:1 throttle linkage for the PF4 throttle body you were asking me about on TC, or did you give up?

Comment

Originally posted by ElFuego View Post

Are you referring to the female to male adapter in the MSD 84039 coil wire kit? It is a solution for someone that doesn't want to make a coil wire and use a common off the shelf coil wire for a remote coil. And it works apparently. It would be better to make one up as far as looks in the engine bay are concerned.

Did you ever figure out how to make that 1:1 throttle linkage for the PF4 throttle body you were asking me about on TC, or did you give up?
            no no I was not able to make it work but frankly I haven't really put much effort into it at this point.

Comment

I ended up going with this

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PNX-1247XTSPW

Comment

Working...
              X