Provide input for a new Lokar throttle bracket for PF4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lopez777 View Post
    I just bought a pro flo 4 for small block Chevy. It’s the new 4150 throttle body. What throttle and tv bracket will work?
    Good question. Lyle do you happen to know it the proposed Lokar #3878 brackets will fit the #4150 TB? I would have thought that the “short” style would?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Simons View Post
      Lokar engineer indicated they are sending 3D printed samples to Edelbrock for evaluation this week.
      Lyle as you know the bracket is one part of a two piece puzzle.

Let’s hope the the Lokar bracket works and Edelbrock finally address part two of the problem and release geometry correctors for GM, Ford & Chrysler that works with the Lokar bracket and the Edelbrock #3878/#4150 Throttle Bodies.
      Last edited by Jacbjacb; 01-26-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacbjacb View Post

Great news.

Do they still plan to market both versions, “short” and “saddle style” for the #3878 TB?
        From what I've been told, the single post version won out. In the end I think the two post version was considered "overkill" for the intended application.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacbjacb View Post

Good question. Lyle do you happen to know it the proposed Lokar #3878 brackets will fit the #4150 TB? I would have thought that the “short” style would?
          I was told that the intent is to design a bracket that will work with both the 4150 and the 3878. Since I don't have both I couldn't confirm. Lokar is sending samples to Edelbrock this week for their evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez777 View Post
            I just bought a pro flo 4 for small block Chevy. It’s the new 4150 throttle body. What throttle and tv bracket will work?
            The go-to is a #8041. Was just discussed here: https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...68-72-gm-abody

Comment

OK, I received the final prototype bracket for PF4 SBF with the "old" TB. The only modification was to add lightening holes and to provide a kickdown stud that extends further out to avoid interference with the linkage at WOT. My buddy at Lokar (Eric Burgan) sent this same bracket, and the 4150 version to Edelbrock, so Nate, keep your eyes out. I'm done with the exercise and await the final production version in billet aluminum. Unless there are revisions from Edelbrock's evaluation, it should be available by summertime.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Lyle Simons; 02-03-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Judging by the distributor hole that's not an intake manifold for a windsor engine. Have you test fit this version on your engine? Is that just the photo Lokar provided?

Going with a single stud mounting probably allows fitment into more applications. The throttle body on my Pro Flo 3 system is a little different on the back with the IAC unit's mounting and the prototype that uses two studs might not have cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by martinvargas View Post
                  Judging by the distributor hole that's not an intake manifold for a windsor engine. Have you test fit this version on your engine? Is that just the photo Lokar provided?

Going with a single stud mounting probably allows fitment into more applications. The throttle body on my Pro Flo 3 system is a little different on the back with the IAC unit's mounting and the prototype that uses two studs might not have cleared.
                  That's the photo they provided me. I didn't bother installing it on my Windsor motor because nothing changed from the last test fitment except the cosmetics (lightening holes) and the kickdown stud was moved out (which I accomplished by shimming the stud I had on hand). I guess I should do a cursory fitment just to make sure nothing else changed. I'll post photo after it's installed.
                  Last edited by Lyle Simons; 02-04-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Just found this thread. I've got a small block mopar running the PF4 . Currently using lokar kickdown and throttle cables with the edelbrock bracket. As to the street demon lokar bracket, no it doesn't fit. I was replacing a street demon (smaller CFM with plastic body) and had hoped it would fit. Even with the edelbrock bracket had to make some spacers to get things aligned properly and keep clearance from the throttle body. If your guy at Lokar is still looking for prototyping assistance, let me know. I've worked with them before with good feedback.

Tim

Comment

As regular followers of this thread will know the Edelbrock #3878 throttle lever was not designed with the Chrysler 727 Mechanical Kickdown lever in mind.

The same problem existed with many Carburettors and Holley, Edelbrock and Bouchillion Performance made geometry correctors to correct the issue.

Unfortunately these adapters will not fit the Edelbrock #3878 Throttle Body. This TB was used on many versions of the Pro-Flo 4.

The issue is about the geometry of the throttle lever, not the mounting of the kickdown cable. So it doesn't matter if you use a Lokar or Bouchillion Performance kickdown cable the lever geometry issue will remain.

I purchased the following parts and have been working on making a suitable corrector:

Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 Chrysler BB Kit #35910
                      Edelbrock Kick-Down Mounting Bracket #8041
                      Edelbrock Throttle Lever Adapter #1481
                      Edelbrock Automatic trans Cable Adapter #8026
                      Bouchillion Performance Kickdown cable Kit #3350
                      Lokar XKD-2727HT Kickdown Cable Kit

I have now 3D printed the corrector and will shortly be getting one milled for personal use. I would be interested in hearing from anyone, Bouchillion Performance, Edelbrock or Lokar etc, if somebody would like to make this item commercially available. Personally I believe that this item should have been part of the Edelbrock #35910 Kit.

Here are some photos:

Letter.JPG

image_2590.jpg

Version 4.JPG
                      Last edited by Jacbjacb; 03-12-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks looks great,

Comment

Originally posted by Derwud View Post
                          Thanks looks great,
                          Thanks Derwud

I hope the likes of Bouchillion Performance, Edelbrock, Lokar or AR Engineeing etc, take me up on my offer and produce some for other Chrysler owners. I would be happy to provide a STEP file (CAD) for a small fee (to cover my development costs).

Comment

This is the huge reason why I don't get a Proflo 4 for my 306 build I am doing for my truck. No kick down provision for a ford kick down. Not to mention no mount for the OE style throttle cable bracket to be used which will force me to lose my OE cruise control which I actually use.

Is nice that they are working on cable mounts for those that can benefit from them though. Just a shame that for the money of this they couldn't at least come up with a way to have this kit more bolt in for other makes.

Comment

Working...
                            X